1 - 6 of 6 Posts

tomipark

What is the state of things in Kefalonia? Are most of the restaurants and tavernas open? Thanks everyone!!

We have been in Argostoli for 3 months and returned to UK about 2 weeks ago. Almost every restaurant and cafe was open although a few had literally done so in the last week that we were there. Sadly there a few who haven't weathered the storm financially and have not reopened.

Most of the 'tourist' locations elsewhere have some places open though again maybe not as many as before.

Reactions: redsoxdw_
We have been in Argostoli for 3 months and returned to UK about 2 weeks ago. Almost every restaurant and cafe was open although a few had literally done so in the last week that we were there. Sadly there a few who haven't weathered the storm financially and have not reopened.

Most of the 'tourist' locations elsewhere have some places open though again maybe not as many as before.
That is so sad to hear :( I wish that the people who owned these businesses are okay and that they found another way to make a living

That is so sad to hear :( I wish that the people who owned these businesses are okay and that they found another way to make a living
I agree, it's sad! It will be great once this pandemic is over... I wanted to go to Kefalonia/Greece this year but decided to hold off.

I agree, it's sad! It will be great once this pandemic is over... I wanted to go to Kefalonia/Greece this year but decided to hold off.
I agree, it's definitely sad! I think we will all be happy when the pandemic is over...

I agree, it's definitely sad! I think we will all be happy when the pandemic is over...
For sure, I haven't decided when to go yet. I think I need to see what happens with the Delta Variant. I am hoping for next summer, fingers crossed!

Traveling to Kefalonia in the Summer

Now that the holidays are behind me, I am starting to think about traveling to Greece in 2023. I want to visit a place I never have before, and I am thinking that Kefalonia might be a great place to explore. I would like to be on the island during when the sea turtles are on the beaches laying there eggs - I always loved wildlife and it seems fascinating. How long in the season? It is maybe a month? If so, would it make sense to visit in June?

So, I want to go to Greece in the summer so I can spend a lot of time on the beach. I know, I can go throughout the summer and into at least the early fall and still have great beach weather, but June works out the best for my schedule and I love taking a vacation around that time.

Besides the turtles and beaches, what else do you guys recommend?

Good Kefalonia Beaches for Late Summer?

I am headed to Kefalonia in late summer - August/September. I am wondering which beaches are best this time of year? I heard that these beaches were good - Myrtos Beach, Antisamos Beach, and Skala Beach. Are any of these good at that time of year?

What to do in Kefalonia with family?

I'm currently planning a family trip to the stunning island of Kefalonia and would love your insights. We're a large family and we're all going. My sister has two kids - one is 12 and the other is 9. We are also traveling with my parents.

From our initial research, we know that Kefalonia boasts beautiful beaches, fascinating caves, and picturesque villages. However, we want to ensure our trip is as memorable for our children as it is for us.

Could anyone recommend:
  • Family-friendly beaches with shallow waters and fun activities?
  • Cultural or historical sites that are engaging for children?
  • Places to see wildlife or participate in outdoor adventures suitable for young ones?
  • Any local eateries that are great for families, perhaps with play areas or menus catered to kids?
We're also open to any tips on getting around the island with children, as we're debating between renting a car or relying on public transport.

Thanks!

What to do in Corfu for couples?

My partner and I are planning a romantic getaway to Corfu, Greece, and we're looking for some insider tips on the best experiences for couples. We've heard so much about Corfu's natural beauty and rich history, but we're hoping to tailor our itinerary to include activities that are especially romantic.

We're open to anything, whether it's relaxing on secluded beaches, exploring charming villages, enjoying candlelit dinners with stunning views, or embarking on adventurous excursions together. Ideally, we'd love to find a balance between leisurely, romantic moments and exciting adventures that we can share as a couple.

If you were us, what would you do while on the island?

Travel to Kefalonia in May?

I plan to go to Greece at the end of April leading up to Orthodox Easter, which is at the beginning of May.

I will spend Holy Week and Easter near Athens.

Then, I would love to visit another place. I am considering Kefalonia. Is early May a good time of year to go to Kefalonia?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back