1 - 2 of 2 Posts

knicks_fan87

Christmas carolling is a beautiful tradition in Greece that is celebrated and done throughout all regions of Greece. Crete has some special Christmas traditions such as the Christmas boat which you will see in the image of this video. I would love to visit Crete one day to celebrate Christmas there and experience all of the beautiful traditions and hopefully see some young school children singing and spreading Christmas cheer.

kef_john68

This is so festive. I love how Greek Christmas songs retain the instrumentation from traditional music. The photos that are part of this video are great, too.

Dont miss out on Hersonissos, Crete!

I feel like Hersonissos is the part of Crete that is often overlooked!! Look how beautiful it is 😍 I definitely recommend adding it to your list in Crete along with Iraklio and Chania.

hersonissos-720x480.jpg

Beautiful Christmas Carols from Crete!

Christmas carolling is a beautiful tradition in Greece that is celebrated and done throughout all regions of Greece. Crete has some special Christmas traditions such as the Christmas boat which you will see in the image of this video. I would love to visit Crete one day to celebrate Christmas there and experience all of the beautiful traditions and hopefully see some young school children singing and spreading Christmas cheer.

Cretan food is probably the most unique out of all of Greece

So much of Cretan culture is based around food and agriculture that the food is just amazing! The produce is so fresh and the olive oil is one of the secrets of the rich and flavourful food. Much of the food is similar to the rest of the Greek cuisine but there are many staples such as Dakos, fried snails, and speciality Cretan cheese that are not found on other islands and in other regions of Greece. If you're a foodie, you need to visit Crete!

Cretan dance flash mob in Sydney, Australia

This is so beautiful to see! Everyone gathering around of all ages enjoying Greek culture all over the world! Bravo paidia mas! Cheers to everyone, I hope to see more and more of these cultural initiatives, especially now that so many Greek festivals are shutting down. Culture is everywhere and should be celebrated!

Santa drops off gifts in Crete using a paraglider!!

This is such a wonderful story to brighten up our dreary covid Christmas! A few Santa's gathered in Crete to drop off Christmas gifts in Crete while flying in paragliders. I hope to see many more initiatives like this especially because its so nice for the locals and the tourists. Merry Christmas to everyone and have a Happy New Years!
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter