1 - 6 of 6 Posts

seleanor

Hey everyone, have any of you been to Corfu? How did you get around? I'm a bit apprehensive about driving in a foreign country… so I don't really want to rent a car.

Reactions: mastichas09

kcixcy

It depends where you're staying, and where you want to go. If you're staying in the old city, then all of the restaurants and stores are very close by and you won't need a car. Good luck!

mastichas09

They do have public transport, but Greek public transport isn't as reliable as you may think, especially on smaller islands. I recommend driving or taking taxis or shuttles from your hotel.

Debwa60

Hey everyone, have any of you been to Corfu? How did you get around? I'm a bit apprehensive about driving in a foreign country… so I don't really want to rent a car.
I travelled around Corfu on the Public Buses. Great service and you get to meet lots of travellers
Deb- Melbourne Australia

dpappas87

I travelled around Corfu on the Public Buses. Great service and you get to meet lots of travellers
Deb- Melbourne Australia
Yes!! I've used their public bus system too and it was a really good place to chat and bump into other tourists, have fun!

k_tsoukalas

You know, driving Greece really isn't that bad! You just need to know the driving rules and what the signs mean - the signage is a bit different in Europe. But, I find the public bus system on islands like Corfu to be great, and there is also the option of getting a taxi.

What is the culture of Corfu like?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of traveling to Corfu for my next vacation, but I don't know too much about the island. Before traveling I really like to learn about the places that I'm visiting so I have some cultural context. What is a culture like? How does Corfu differ from the other Greek Islands? Can anyone give me some insight?

Best things to do in Liston Square

What are the best museums to visit in Corfu, Greece?

Any Corfu travelers? I’m looking to visit some of the best museums in Corfu. I only have a few days to visit the island so I want to go to at least two museums. Which ones should I go to?

Visiting the olive museum in Corfu

Has anyone visited the olive museum in Corfu? A buddy of mine told me about it...I had no idea olives were such a big deal LOL. Here's a pic he took of a some super lush olive tree branches he took. I'm adding it to my list, anyone else?

olive tree.jpg

Looking for the beaches with the bluest water in Corfu

Hey hey everyone! I’m trying to find some insta-worthy blue waters in Corfu. What are some of the top beaches you’ve been to in Corfu and where would you go again? This is the type of beach i’m looking for

Corfu-720x389.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter