1 - 4 of 4 Posts

cubrinj

I know that everywhere in Greece is super close to the beach, but how are the beaches in Thessaloniki? Can I count on spending a few days at the beach while I’m there or should I save that for another spot in Greece? I really want to catch some rays when I’m there!!

Reactions: nadellii
You’re right, everywhere in Greece has amazing beaches, but Thessaloniki isn’t really known for its beaches. But some of the best are perea, agia triada, epanomi and asprovalta. I’ve only been to agia triada and asprovalta and I loved it.

Truth is that Thessaloniki's "paralia" (which translates to beach in english) is a highlight of the city, however the beach in thessaloniki (referring to the part of the beach at the centre of the city) is not accesible for swimming. Also tbh the beaches you can swim at in thessaloniki (perea etc) arent really that great so I do recommend visiting paralia but obviously only for a walk.

Many people don’t go to the beach in Thessaloniki because an hour a way there is Halkidiki which has two legs of amazing beaches, it’s worth the ride to check it out.

Walking tours in Thessaloniki?

I'm currently planning a trip to Thessaloniki and I'm eager to explore this city's rich history and vibrant culture on foot. From what I've gathered, walking tours seem like an excellent way to immerse oneself in the local atmosphere and learn about the city's historical significance, its architecture, and of course, its culinary delights.

I'm reaching out to this community to gather recommendations on walking tours in Thessaloniki. I'm particularly interested in tours that offer a deep dive into the city's history, but I would also love to explore its culinary scene and maybe even some hidden gems that are not typically covered in conventional guidebooks.

Do you guys have recommendations? There are a lot of options. I don't know where to start.

Thessaloniki.jpg

Seeking the Best Mezze Spots in Thessaloniki

I am looking for recommendations. I am going to Thessaloniki in the spring and I want to visit a taverna or restaurant that has great Mezze!

If you've had an unforgettable meze experience in Thessaloniki, please share! I'm looking for recommendations on:
  • Your favorite spots for meze in the city
  • Must-try dishes
  • Any tips for a truly authentic meze dining experience
I appreciate any guidance you can provide to help me (and fellow food lovers) compile a list of must-visit meze destinations in Thessaloniki.

Will only have a few hours in Thessaloniki...

I am going to Thessaloniki in the late summer (I forget the dates). It's a stop on a Greek cruise. I have been to Greece a lot before but have never done a cruse. I have also never been to Thessaloniki. Any suggestions as to what I can do with my time while I am here? I will be doing a tour of another stop the day prior, so for Thessaloniki I am thinking I just want to explore.

Good markets to visit in Thessaloniki?

I'm planning a visit to Thessaloniki soon, and I'm really keen on exploring the local markets there. I've heard that the city is rich in history and culture, and I believe that visiting local markets is one of the best ways to immerse oneself in the local atmosphere and perhaps find some unique items to bring back home.

Does anyone have recommendations for markets in Thessaloniki that are worth visiting? I'm interested in anything from food markets where I can taste local delicacies, to flea markets where I might find interesting antiques or crafts. Also, if you have any tips on the best days and times to visit, as well as what I might expect in terms of items available and price ranges, that would be incredibly helpful!

Looking forward to your suggestions and thank you in advance for sharing your insights!

Why So Many Starbucks in Thessaloniki?

I was in Thessaloniki this past summer and I noticed more than one Starbucks. Why are there so many?

Not only that, but I am curious if the Greek population has embraced it and if they're popular.

Lots of people were in all that I saw, but I couldn't tell if it were Greeks, tourists, students, etc...

I had thought that Greek coffee drinks were different, and I had no idea Greeks liked coffee like this!
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back