1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

Reactions: greek_ggirl
Mana mou Ellas! How beautiful! I would love to stay in this hotel one day

Reactions: Hash

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Three Days or So in Corfu?

I was thinking of visiting Corfu over summer of 2024 and I am not sure how many days to stay. I was thinking that three days is a good amount, and that will enable me to visit other places in Greece (and other people - I have friends and family to visit).

Anyway 3 or 4 days really is ideal. But now, what to do? I have been watching a lot of content - there is some great travel content on YouTube and people love to visit Greece. Anyway, here is a great video:

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.

Planning What to See in Corfu

I've been to Corfu plenty of times. I am writing down some of my notes so that I can sort out what I want to see next time I visit. I have friends there and might visit again next year...

Old Town Corfu - It's a NESCO World Heritage Site and has an impressive collection of Venetian-era buildings, narrow streets, and hidden alleys. It is also home to the imposing Old Fortress, Esplanade, and there architecture of the Liston and Palace of St. Michael and St. George.

Beaches - The Blue Caves on the northern coast of the island are a must-visit attraction and can only be accessed by boat but are worth visiting. Once there, swim in the sparkling blue waters surrounded by towering cliffs.

Dishes to Try - Sample local dishes like Pastitsada (beef stewed in tomato sauce), Sofrito (thinly sliced veal with parsley and garlic sauce), and Bourdeto (fish in a spicy red sauce). Also drink ouzo or tsipouro, two popular spirits.

Achilleion Palace - Located seven kilometers south of Corfu Town. Built as a summer residence for Empress Elizabeth of Austria. The palace has gorgeous architecture, beautiful gardens, and exceptional views of the surrounding countryside. I have taken a tour - not sure I'd do it again.

Anyone have any good Tavernas to recommend?

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back