1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

Im so happy to hear this news! The island announced that it will be building a much needed new marina. The tourism minister said that "the number of arrivals to Corfu in July increased by 19.7 percent over the same month in 2019 despite the global challenges" which is great. The marina will help manage the increasing flow of tourism and any other imports. If you want to learn more, check out this article.

This is interesting - I find it fascinating that there are improvements and updates in Corfu. I am glad to see tourism doing well!

Recommendations for the best hikes on Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and have heard that it's a paradise for hikers and nature lovers alike. With its stunning landscapes, the Ionian sea's mesmerizing views, and lush trails winding through ancient olive groves, I'm eager to explore some of the island's best hiking trails.

That being said, I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for the insights and experiences of those who have tread these paths before me. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or someone who enjoys leisurely walks amidst nature, I would love to hear your recommendations on finding a good hiking trail. I'd prefer it to be scenic, and it shouldn't be too hard. Other than that, I am open to just about anything!

Thanks in advance!

Visiting Corfu this Summer

I am thinking to head to Greece this summer and I want to spend my time going places I have either never been before, or have only spent a short amount of time at and I would love to return.

Corfu is on my list. I don't know much about it s I am having a hard time focusing my attention so that I can plan my time. I have about five nights to spend here. My most immediate concern is, do you have any recommendations on where to stay on the island?

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!

Achillon Palace Information

When I was asking for advice on how many days to spend on Corfu someone mentioned to see the Achilon Palace. So I thought I'd gather information about it.

Located in Corfu, Greece, Achillon Palace is a fascinating monument that attracts a large number of tourists every year. This beautiful palace is perched on a hilltop overlooking the stunning Ionian Sea. The palace was once the residence of Empress Elizabeth of Austria, who was captivated by the natural beauty and elegance of the island and decided to build a palace there in the 1800s. Today, the palace is a popular tourist attraction that is renowned for its stunning architecture, beautiful gardens, and breathtaking views. In this blog, we'll explore everything you need to know about the Achillon Palace in Corfu.

Achillon Palace is a historical monument that was built in the late 19th century by Empress Elizabeth of Austria. This stunning palace was designed by a famous Italian architect, Raffaele Caritto. The architecture of the palace is inspired by ancient Greek mythology with stunning neoclassical features and mythological sculptures. The interior of the palace features elegant furniture, beautiful chandeliers, and stunning paintings on the ceilings and walls.

Spend the day at Corfu Old Town?

Can you spend an entire day just exploring Corfu Old Town? I'm planning my itinerary for a trip to the gorgeous island of Corfu, and from what I've seen, the Old Town looks like a mosaic of historical and cultural influences with Venetian, French, and British vibes.

Has anyone here spent a day (or more) solely in the old part of the city? How was your experience? Are there enough sights, cafes, shops, and hidden gems to keep one entertained for the full day? I'm looking to soak up as much of the local atmosphere as possible without rushing through.

I am curious what you guys think and any advice you may have. Thanks!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back