1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Does anyone know about the origins of the famous mid day nap that Greeks take?

auroracoor1

I love mid-day naps! Big thanks to the ancient Greeks

k_tsoukalas

Fascinating that the tradition started all those years ago in Ancient Greece! I love a good, solid midday nap.

nik_ma

Growing up in Greece back in the 70's, mid-day naps were common. Now days that most business are open 9-5, mid-day naps are less common. However, it is a tradition that I keep in the US, due to my work schedule, my nap-time is 4 PM - 5:30 PM.

What are your favorite Greek history documentaries/films?

Hi guys! Film and history buff here. I especially love old foreign films, do any of you have some Greek favorites?

What happened in the First Punic War?

Does anyone know a little about this war? I had no idea that Greece had ruled Eastern Sicily and much of Southern Italy as an extension of its political and religious culture. Thanks!

punicwar.jpg

Why did the Greek civil war start?

Does anyone know a bit more about why the civil war in Greece started?

Did the "siesta" or Greek mid day nap originate from Ancient Greece?

Does anyone know about the origins of the famous mid day nap that Greeks take?

The geometric art style of the Ancient Athenians!

Did you know that the Ancient Athenians had their own distinct style from the rest of Ancient Greece? Many of the vases are destroyed and you cant see the designs, like in the picture below. But I love the black and terracotta color geometric style

greekvase.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter