1 - 4 of 4 Posts

knicks_fan87

How long is the transit time? Especially during peak season?

I don't know which transit you mean.
Check-in is regular if you have filled in all the right documents and had your tests or vaccinations. When you haven't you will be requested to do so first and come back later.
Customs was also regular. No waiting time when we went ( in the evening)

Yes, make sure you have the right documents. Athens airport was pretty packed because few people didn't have documents and there was a hold up in checking to see if the everything was in order. I haven't been to Santorini this year though so I can't tell you for sure

How long is the transit time? Especially during peak season?

I would think it depends on the time of day. I think that if you have all the right documents, it will speed things up a lot!

Can you spend a week in Santorini?

I will be going to Greece next year and someone I am traveling with is obsessed with photos of Santorini and wants to go.

From what I can gather, most people say just to spend a few days and then move on, but this person is pushing for a longer stay.

Is there enough to do on Santorini so that spending a week or more makes sense? She wants to enjoy the sunsets, the food (I heard the food is better in other parts of Greece), and beaches (I also heard that there aren't as many beaches).

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks lovely, I just feel deep down that a week might be too long.

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?

View the natural and unique geography of Santorini

I love visiting Santorini because to me, it's physically beautiful. I find it enchanting because of how unique the landscape is.

About 3,600 years ago, the island experienced a colossal volcanic event, known as the Minoan eruption. This event was so massive that it significantly altered the landscape, creating the caldera—a giant central lagoon surrounded by high cliffs on three sides. The eruption also played a pivotal role in shaping the ancient civilizations of the area.

Santorini's geological wonders don't stop at the caldera. The island boasts unique beaches with varying colors of sand and pebbles—red, black, and white—thanks to its volcanic nature. Visiting these beaches is like stepping onto another planet.

So, I plan to go again this year and check it out. Some of the places I love are Red Beach, Oia (I plan to stay in Oia), and I love doing that hike from Fira to Oia during sunset.What do you love to do in Santorini?

santorini-greece.jpg

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back