1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I love Greek cuisine. I cook it all the time and I love trying new recipes. The time has come for me to think about planning a food tour! Does anyone have any advice?

I would love to hear from members of this forum about their experiences with food tours in Greece.
  1. Which regions or cities offer the best food tours?
  2. Any specific food tour companies or guides that you would recommend?
  3. What were some of the standout dishes or culinary experiences on your tour?
  4. Are there options for people with dietary restrictions, such as vegetarians?
  5. What should one expect in terms of cost and duration?
Any tips or advice on how to get the most out of such a tour would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks!

Good tours are fun! I've taken a few of them. One of the most memorable was a walking tour I took on Chania, Crete.

I unfortunately don't remember the details. The hotel we stayed at recommended them and this was several years ago.

My advice is - ask at your hotel if you're staying at one. They usually have some contacts!

Cycladic Islands in Greece 'Threatened by Surge in Tourism!

Tips for Hiking in Greece Question

I'm planning a hiking trip to Greece and would appreciate any tips or recommendations from those familiar with hiking in the region. What are some must-visit hiking trails or destinations known for their scenic beauty or historical significance? Any advice on the best times of year to hike, essential gear to pack, and safety precautions to keep in mind would be invaluable.

Moreover, I'm interested in any cultural or local insights related to hiking in Greece—such as etiquette on trails, interaction with wildlife, or encountering local communities along the way.

Your experiences and suggestions would greatly enhance my trip planning. Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge!

Finding Good Food Tours of Greece?

I love Greek cuisine. I cook it all the time and I love trying new recipes. The time has come for me to think about planning a food tour! Does anyone have any advice?

I would love to hear from members of this forum about their experiences with food tours in Greece.
  1. Which regions or cities offer the best food tours?
  2. Any specific food tour companies or guides that you would recommend?
  3. What were some of the standout dishes or culinary experiences on your tour?
  4. Are there options for people with dietary restrictions, such as vegetarians?
  5. What should one expect in terms of cost and duration?
Any tips or advice on how to get the most out of such a tour would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks!

Advice for Different Dishes to Try in Greece?

I’m really excited about exploring the local cuisine. I’ve heard so much about how delicious and diverse Greek food is, and I want to make sure I don’t miss out on any must-try dishes.

Could you please share your recommendations for Greek dishes that I should definitely try while I’m there? I’m particularly interested in both well-known classics and any regional specialties that might be a bit off the beaten path. Some questions:
  • What are the absolute must-tries that define Greek cuisine?
  • Are there any dishes specific to certain regions in Greece that I shouldn’t miss?
  • I love street food! Any Greek street food recommendations?
  • What sweet treats should I indulge in?
Also, if you have any restaurant or taverna recommendations where I can experience these dishes authentically, that would be amazing!

Where do you like to visit in the Peloponnese?

I’m planning a trip to the beautiful Peloponnese region in Greece and I’d love to hear about your favorite places to visit there. Whether it’s hidden gems, historical sites, stunning beaches, or charming towns—I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Some of the spots I’ve already heard great things about include:
  • Nafplio: The picturesque seaport town with its medieval castles and vibrant streets.
  • Monemvasia: Known for its medieval fortress and breathtaking views.
  • Olympia: The site of the ancient Olympic Games with its impressive ruins.
  • Mani Peninsula: For its rugged landscape and unique tower houses.
  • Epidaurus: Famous for its ancient theater and historical significance.
I’m open to any suggestions, including local restaurants, activities, and accommodations. Looking forward to your tips and personal experiences!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back