1 - 6 of 6 Posts

paharo45

What is the best way to travel from Athens to Santorini? Boat? Plane? Or something in between?

Flying is waaaay easier. I get so seasick on the ferries so I wouldn't recommend it. Flights are pretty cheap anyways and you'll save so much time. That way, you'll be able to spend more time on the island instead of being stuck on a boat.

You can travel by normal ferry that takes about 8 hours, fast ferry that is 4 hours but flying cats trips are cancelled on rough weather.
Plane takes about 45 minutes
Also, there are private helicopter flights

Reactions: paharo45
You can travel by normal ferry that takes about 8 hours, fast ferry that is 4 hours but flying cats trips are cancelled on rough weather.
Plane takes about 45 minutes
Also, there are private helicopter flights
Thanks for the advice! Woah, a private helicopter sounds super fancy, I'd love to try that

Thanks for the advice! Woah, a private helicopter sounds super fancy, I'd love to try that
It is. If you ever wanna give it a try hit me up

I prefer flying, but only if I am not already in Greece. When I am already in Greece, I seem to prefer Ferry. 8 hours really isn't a lot, and the ferries can be fun. You can get a bite to eat, something to drink, enjoy the view...

Best Souvenirs to Bring Back from Santorini

I am going to Santorini soon and I love to shop and get gifts for people.

Could anyone suggest the best souvenirs to take home from Santorini that would give a taste of the local culture and charm to friends and family? I'm looking for things that are unique to the island - something you can't find just anywhere else!

Any tips on where to find these local treasures would be super helpful, too.

santorini-shopping.jpg

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

Staying in Pyrgos?

Thank you to your advice, I am looking into staying in Pyrgos or other inland place that is slightly "off the beaten track" in Santorini to minimize some of the frustration of being in the crowds. We will be traveling during peak season.

Does anyone have an advice as to where to stay? As mentioned in a previous post, my wife is pushing for a Caldera hotel - but they're so expensive and we're traveling with the whole family. If I can find a compelling hotel that is more inland, it might work out for us to stay there. It doesn't have to be Pyrgos - but something similar would be good...

pyrgos-santorini.jpg

Volcanic Hot Springs in Santorini?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the water in the area with the volcano? I heard of some people going in the water on tour excursions but I question if that is a regular occurrence. Also, are those considered the volcanic hot springs or are the real hot springs in another area?

I plan on doing something like his when I am in Santorini, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back