1 - 6 of 6 Posts

paharo45

What is the best way to travel from Athens to Santorini? Boat? Plane? Or something in between?

Flying is waaaay easier. I get so seasick on the ferries so I wouldn't recommend it. Flights are pretty cheap anyways and you'll save so much time. That way, you'll be able to spend more time on the island instead of being stuck on a boat.

You can travel by normal ferry that takes about 8 hours, fast ferry that is 4 hours but flying cats trips are cancelled on rough weather.
Plane takes about 45 minutes
Also, there are private helicopter flights

Reactions: paharo45
You can travel by normal ferry that takes about 8 hours, fast ferry that is 4 hours but flying cats trips are cancelled on rough weather.
Plane takes about 45 minutes
Also, there are private helicopter flights
Thanks for the advice! Woah, a private helicopter sounds super fancy, I'd love to try that

Thanks for the advice! Woah, a private helicopter sounds super fancy, I'd love to try that
It is. If you ever wanna give it a try hit me up

I prefer flying, but only if I am not already in Greece. When I am already in Greece, I seem to prefer Ferry. 8 hours really isn't a lot, and the ferries can be fun. You can get a bite to eat, something to drink, enjoy the view...

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Hotel in Santorini with a view like this?

My wife and I are going to Santorini soon. We usually stay with people, but they don't live on the caldera like this.

I thought it would be a nice treat to stay somewhere for a few days that his this kind of a view!

I know there are some great caldera-perched places in Oia. I know they're expensive but they seem worth it.

Anyone have any recommendations?

santorini-greece.jpg

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

Dealing with the crowded sunset on Oia

I tried to see the sunset on Oia - I was only there for a day. It was sooo crowded it was nuts.

I do want to give Santorini another chance but I need help finding a different sunset spot. I ended up watching the sunset by a dumpster - and it felt good enough.

I just don't know what to do - there was NO WAY I was going to be able to see it in Oia with how many people there were.

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back