1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Tpebop

For example @ 9PM local time its 33 C

For example @ 9PM local time its 33 C
WOW!!! That is hot for 9 PM. For me, I long for this weather when it is cold out, but then the heat can feel like A LOT when it's happening.

Reactions: Bazzanjack1
It is on Rhodes.At 5AM local time today 3 July it is 23 C rising to 39C plus later

It is on Rhodes.At 5AM local time today 3 July it is 23 C rising to 39C plus later
Wow I feel terrible for people who don't have AC

We do not have AC. Just open some doors & windows. All have fly screens fitted .The bedroom shutters remain closed all the time .

We do not have AC. Just open some doors & windows. All have fly screens fitted .The bedroom shutters remain closed all the time .
Are you in Rhdoes?

yes, in afando.have lived on rhodes over 12 years

yes, in afando.have lived on rhodes over 12 years
Wow i've never been to Afando. I just looked it up and it looks beautiful- right on the water! That's how I would like to live. How is life there? Cheers

To dpappas87. the village is not right by the water. From the village to the beach is about a 30 min. walk.From our place to the beach is a 15. min walk

yes that is the village

dead deer in rodini park

dozens of dead deer in a fenced enclosure without food or water. those still alive are in a poor state

Web cameras on Rhodes

There are several cameras. go to youtube.com
search for DHMOS RODOY

Traveling with a history buff to Rhodes

I am traveling with someone who lives history to Rhodes. Specifically, Medieval history (to the crusades).

I understand that Rhodes was a main player in this time period? Here are a few things on my list to visit. Did I miss anything?
  1. The Palace of the Grand Master: Standing majestically in the heart of Rhodes Old Town, this palace is one of the most striking reminders of the Knights' presence. It's said to be restored in the 20th century. I'm particularly interested in its history and the exhibitions hosted inside.
  2. Street of the Knights (Ippoton Street): Possibly one of the best-preserved medieval streets in the world. Walking down this street, lined with the inns once used by knights of different languages and origins, seems like a walk back in time. Any specific inns or details I should look out for?
  3. The Hospital of the Knights: Now housing the Archaeological Museum of Rhodes, it seems like a place rich in history. I'm curious about the exhibitions there and any pieces that are a must-see.
  4. The Fortifications: The walls and gates around Rhodes Old Town are a testament to the knights' engineering prowess. Is there a particular section or gate that offers a unique perspective or history?
  5. Rodini Park: A bit off the beaten path in terms of knightly history, but I've read that it's one of the world's oldest parks and was appreciated even during the era of the knights. Any historical remnants here connected to the knights?

Euronet are continuing to install their ATMs

This American company have installed thousands of ATMs in Greece.I saw a new one today 22 February has been installed @ Afandou opposite a taverna & near a bus stop.
Their rate of exchange is pits & their withdrawl fee is high.So best avoided.

Traveling to Rhodes this Year?

I have a friend who was supposed to go to Rhodes this year as part of a cruise. This isn't until September. She saw about the fires and is freaking out a little bit. The cruise company hasn't been in touch yet.

Do you guys have any advice on what she should do, so I can pass it along to her? She's not online much so I thought I'd post this for her.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back