1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Many people don't know this, but there is a water shortage in Santorini. Do your part while traeveling there and be mindful of how much water you're using!! Try not to leave the tap on when you're not using water and don't waste water! You can read more about the water crisis in Greece here https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/partner-content-where-our-water-goes-greece
This is crazy....I had no idea that this was happening. Thanks for sharing, I'll be very careful next time that I'm in Greece

k_tsoukalas

Many people don't know this, but there is a water shortage in Santorini. Do your part while traeveling there and be mindful of how much water you're using!! Try not to leave the tap on when you're not using water and don't waste water! You can read more about the water crisis in Greece here https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/partner-content-where-our-water-goes-greece
Wow, you're right - I had no idea! I guess I you think about it, it kind of makes sense, given that the water supply is limited on such a small island and Greece doesn't get a lot of rain.

HeartSantorini

This is so crazy, we take "running water" completely for granted. The water issue looks like it could become a huge problem. We all need to do our part!

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

I think it will be a huge problem too, you're right!
This is so crazy, we take "running water" completely for granted. The water issue looks like it could become a huge problem. We all need to do our part!

Does transit through the Santorini airport take forever?

How long is the transit time? Especially during peak season?

I loved Cape Columbo in Santorini Greece

I can't say enough about how much I loved visiting cape columbo! I love unorganized beaches because im so sick of the music they play at these beaches, I want some peace and quiet! And the water is super warm which is great for the off season. Have any of you been? What did you think?

I heard there are not many taxis in Santorini...what do I do?

How do you get around other than taxi?? Please help!!

What is a typical price of a subbed in Santorini?

Will I have to break the bank to go swimming at a private beach in Santorini?

When are the busiest times at the ferry port in Santorini?

When is the busiest time at Fira? I would love to arrive with the ferry at a time when its less busy
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter