1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Reactions: dubai_suzie
Many people don't know this, but there is a water shortage in Santorini. Do your part while traeveling there and be mindful of how much water you're using!! Try not to leave the tap on when you're not using water and don't waste water! You can read more about the water crisis in Greece here https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/partner-content-where-our-water-goes-greece
This is crazy....I had no idea that this was happening. Thanks for sharing, I'll be very careful next time that I'm in Greece

Many people don't know this, but there is a water shortage in Santorini. Do your part while traeveling there and be mindful of how much water you're using!! Try not to leave the tap on when you're not using water and don't waste water! You can read more about the water crisis in Greece here https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/partner-content-where-our-water-goes-greece
Wow, you're right - I had no idea! I guess I you think about it, it kind of makes sense, given that the water supply is limited on such a small island and Greece doesn't get a lot of rain.

This is so crazy, we take "running water" completely for granted. The water issue looks like it could become a huge problem. We all need to do our part!

Reactions: paharo45
I think it will be a huge problem too, you're right!
This is so crazy, we take "running water" completely for granted. The water issue looks like it could become a huge problem. We all need to do our part!

Worth it to visit Imerovigli?

I am trying to gather information for my next trip to Greece. We are spending a few nights in Santorini. I've stayed in Oia in the past, but I want to do something different. Is Imerovigli a good option?

Here is some information I have gathered about it:

It's a small and peaceful village located on the northwest coast of Santorini, almost halfway between the bustling towns of Fira and Oia. This makes it a perfect spot for those who want to enjoy the island's beauty without the crowds (so I have been told).

When it comes to accommodations, Imerovigli has some of the most luxurious and unique hotels in Santorini. Many of them are built into the cliffs. I drove through this village last time I was on Santorini and thought the hotels looked nice)

There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes in Imerovigli to enjoy authentic Greek cuisine and drinks. Some of the most highly-rated restaurants include Anogi, Avocado, and La Maison. And if you want to relax and unwind, you can head to one of the many spas in Imerovigli that offer massages, Jacuzzis, and other treatments.

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

View the natural and unique geography of Santorini

I love visiting Santorini because to me, it's physically beautiful. I find it enchanting because of how unique the landscape is.

About 3,600 years ago, the island experienced a colossal volcanic event, known as the Minoan eruption. This event was so massive that it significantly altered the landscape, creating the caldera—a giant central lagoon surrounded by high cliffs on three sides. The eruption also played a pivotal role in shaping the ancient civilizations of the area.

Santorini's geological wonders don't stop at the caldera. The island boasts unique beaches with varying colors of sand and pebbles—red, black, and white—thanks to its volcanic nature. Visiting these beaches is like stepping onto another planet.

So, I plan to go again this year and check it out. Some of the places I love are Red Beach, Oia (I plan to stay in Oia), and I love doing that hike from Fira to Oia during sunset.What do you love to do in Santorini?

santorini-greece.jpg

Volcanic Hot Springs in Santorini?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the water in the area with the volcano? I heard of some people going in the water on tour excursions but I question if that is a regular occurrence. Also, are those considered the volcanic hot springs or are the real hot springs in another area?

I plan on doing something like his when I am in Santorini, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back