1 - 11 of 11 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Food may be the best part of being in Greece :) if you have any recommendations for tavernas on the island please let me know

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 2.22.25 PM.png

WOWWWW That looks amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing your photo and enjoy Mykonos!! 🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash
Food may be the best part of being in Greece :) if you have any recommendations for tavernas on the island please let me know

View attachment 609
Of course,so let's begin....in Ano Mera...I used to eat in all of those 7/8 tavernas,so take your pick.... for me Taverna Vagelis in Platia Ano Mera.....Angelici and Stavros Starvakopolous ... they welcomed me back in 1994 and I treated it a like a home ever since...... That Taverna has a very long beautiful history.... you will see it when you go inside it back in time..... Give Angelica and Stavros a big hug from me.... Angelici is a Tavernayari....she is an amazing cook!!.....she used to fry gavro for me in onions until brown... enjoy the Filoxenia.... please don't forget to write a reviews here.. .... ....In Paraga beach....Tasos Taverna.... Say hi to George from Hash..the whole island used to get together....on the way to Platis Yalos... Andrea and Maria's taverna [authentic Greek food]....opposite Skiios Hotel... give Andrea and Maria my love.... please pop in opposite to say Yasou to George and his mother from me at Skiios Hotel.... Enjoy the warm hospitality...... Yasou apo mena from Thailand.

Last edited:
This is one of the things I love about Mykonos and Greece as a whole. The food is so delicious and fresh! Thanks for sharing this...

Ooo…what are the small plates? I’m thinking skordalia and an aubergine dip…
Yes exactly :) the aubergine dip had red peppers though, not my favorite take but very good nonetheless

Reactions: Laura48 and Hash
Did you manage to visit any of the Tavernas I suggested?.... How was your holiday there?
I tried Tasos Taverna thank you so much for the suggestion!!!!! I wish I took pictures but I ate the food so quickly that I didn't get the chance. The owners were sadly not there so I couldn't say hello, but the service was absolutely excellent and the food was amazing. I would say this holiday to Mykonos was the best one yet, the island was a little bit less crowded than the other times that I had been :) :) :) thank you again for the suggestions

I tried Tasos Taverna thank you so much for the suggestion!!!!! I wish I took pictures but I ate the food so quickly that I didn't get the chance. The owners were sadly not there so I couldn't say hello, but the service was absolutely excellent and the food was amazing. I would say this holiday to Mykonos was the best one yet, the island was a little bit less crowded than the other times that I had been :) :) :) thank you again for the suggestions
You are very welcome!!!.....Great to read this!..... glad I suggested it ..... Don't worry....I will recommend even more Tavernas for your next trip🤗..... Very happy to read that you had a good time.... Where did you stay ?......because my work was Guest Relations for Barbarolla which is now Lohan Beach House on Kalo Livadi beach....so I know the island like my home!👌❤️🤗....

Reactions: paharo45
You are very welcome!!!.....Great to read this!..... glad I suggested it ..... Don't worry....I will recommend even more Tavernas for your next trip🤗..... Very happy to read that you had a good time.... Where did you stay ?......because my work was Guest Relations for Barbarolla which is now Lohan Beach House on Kalo Livadi beach....so I know the island like my home!👌❤️🤗....
Lohan like Lindsay Lohan? I heard she opened up a beach club but I never knew what came of it. So it's still open?

Thank you everyone for chiming in, there are some great suggestions here for me to keep in mind he next time I am in Mykonos!

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

Taking a quick boat ride in Mykonos

Does anyone know the best way to take a quick boat ride when in Mykonos? I usually just walk around the shore and find someone (they usually bring their boats to a spot) but the last time I did that, I didn't like the boat! So I want to plan things in advance this time around. I plan to go to Mykonos soon.

The last boat had a glass bottom, and it freaked me out - I don't want to do that again.

Also, I am interested in Scuba diving but I know that is a bit more complicated to arrange than a boat ride. I might have to wait until I get there?

Favorite Beaches on Mykonos

I know that people have mixed feelings about the beaches of Mykonos, but I plan to go this year. I've been in the past and wanted to share my three favorites:

1. Elia Beach​

• Elia is the longest sandy beach in Mykonos, offering a less crowded experience. It's ideal for those who want to relax and enjoy crystal-clear waters.
  • Tip: Try the water sports facilities there — I don't enjoy it but my family members report that this is fun. They've rented jet skis.

2. Paradise Beach​

• As the name suggests, Paradise Beach is lovely. It's known for the party scene, but during the day it isn't bad. They just play DJ music while you're at the beach, and there's a lively bar.
  • Note: Leave before the evening parties start if that's not your scene. I love the energy during the day but I have to be in the mood for the music.

3. Psarou Beach​

• Psarou might allure you with its upscale vibe and excellent beachside services. It's all about luxury yachts, boutique shops, and high-end dining.
  • Recommendation: Don't miss the opportunity to snorkel in these beautiful waters. It's very serene here in general.

Learning Greek While in Mykonos?

I've recently embarked on the exciting journey of learning Greek, motivated further by an upcoming trip to the beautiful island of Mykonos. Given the rich culture, stunning landscapes, and the warm hospitality native to this region, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to immerse myself in the language amid its native speakers.

However, as someone relatively new to this endeavor, I'm eagerly seeking advice on the best strategies for learning Greek while exploring Mykonos. Whether it be recommendations for local language schools that cater specifically to visitors, tips on integrating learning into daily activities, or suggestions for social settings that are particularly friendly to language learners, I'm all ears.

Additionally, I'm interested in any local groups or exchange programs that promote cultural immersion and language practice. I believe that interacting with the locals and engaging directly with the culture can significantly enhance the language learning experience.

Lastly, if there are specific apps or resources that you found helpful while learning Greek in a similar context, please don't hesitate to share. I'm open to exploring all options that might assist in making my learning experience as enriching and effective as possible.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and stories about your own language learning journeys in Greece. Thank you in advance for your insights and advice!

Mykonos: Nammos Suspended!

Events unfolding rapidly in crackdowns after many years of irregular activities.I don't agree with the Police patrolling the narrow streets of Mykonos for noise levels from the bars in the video which I saw yesterday, felt quite saddened when at this time of the year it is so very nice to browse around Matoyianni with all the lovely shops and boutiques instead of 6-8 police walking up and down these beautiful narrow streets!... They begin to take away sound systems from the bars!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back