1 - 8 of 8 Posts

d_kakavouli

Hey guys! I’m visiting Crete this year and I wanna go see some of the best beaches that Greece has to offer but there’s way too many to choose from. Do any of you have pictures from your trip? I would love to hear details from your experience.

Vai beach in Crete is truly amazing! There are too many to choose from LOL!

Vai-Beach-720x480.jpeg

Reactions: TatianaS
Elafonisi.jpg

Reactions: TatianaS
Falassarna.jpg

kissamos Chania.jpg

Ballos.jpg

preveli-crete.jpg

Bali beach is one of the best!! I absolutely loved it and would totally go again. Here’s a pic that I took a few summers ago.

BALI BEACH.jpeg

Too late to travel to Crete in December?

Is it too late to travel to Crete in December? I am going to visit some people for the holidays, but I also want to do some sightseeing.

Someone told me that Crete shuts down in October, but people still live there so it can't possibly be a ghost town.

What shuts down, exactly? Will I still be able to go to museums and stuff this time of year?

What to do in Agios Nikolaos?

I'm planning a trip to Agios Nikolaos in Crete, and I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience traveling there. It looks charming - I am basically here with a group of friends who wanted to see the area. I have been to Crete but never to this particular place, so I just want to get a feel for what to do here.

Some thoughts about what I can do:

- I think there's an archeological museum here that might be worth seeing.
- Is it worth taking a little trip to Spinolonga?
- I know there are some great beaches and shopping!

Anything specific you can recommend?

Charming villages in Crete?

I'm planning a trip to Crete and, as an enthusiast for the quaint and the serene, I'm on the lookout for those off-the-beaten-path villages that captivate with their charm. I’ve heard that Crete is sprinkled with hidden gems, where one can truly soak up local culture and history amid idyllic settings.

Has anyone here ventured beyond the usual tourist spots to explore some of the lesser-known villages on the island? I'm interested in places that offer picturesque streets, traditional architecture, local gastronomy, and a warm sense of community.

I’d love to hear your experiences! Thank you in advance.

Priorities for exploring Chania's old town?

I’m planning a trip to the enchanting old town of Chania and I’ve heard so much about its rich history and vibrant culture. With so many intriguing options, I find myself grappling with where to begin and how to prioritize my time effectively.

For those who have experience of Chania—what would you say should be at the top of my list?

My interests range broadly, from historical landmarks, museums, and art galleries, to culinary delights and local crafts. I’m particularly fascinated by the blend of architectural styles and cultural influences evident in Chania.

Thanks in advance!

chania-crete.jpg

Favorite Things to Do In Crete

I was just thinking about Crete and how it's my favorite island. I thought I'd make a list of my favorite things to do:

** Chania - the Venetian Harbor Area
** Hiking all over, but Samaria Gorge is a favorite
** Touring the Minoan palaces - I love that part of history
** Visiting the beaches - so many great ones!
** The food is a highlight - so fresh and delicious - some unique dishes from the rest of Greece, too.

What are your favorites?
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back