1 - 9 of 9 Posts

efhernandez_

Hi guys, i've been following the covid situation in Greece pretty carefully because I really want to visit this year. They just announced that people have to quarantine in their hotel or in a home for 7 days. Does anyone have any ideas about what this will be like? Or have any ideas about how to make this bearable?

Try getting an Airbnb instead of a hotel and stocking up on groceries. Many hotels in Greece don't have room service, and food delivery like ubereats isn't popular in Greece like other countries. Your best bet is to be comfy in a nice rental home. Good luck! And try to get some fresh air.

Hello, the quarantine recommendation won't be a requirement after May.

Reactions: efhernandez_
Hello, the quarantine recommendation won't be a requirement after May.
Wow!! That's such a weight lifted off my shoulders, thank God (I'll still be super careful tho)

Reactions: LetsBookTravel
Wow!! That's such a weight lifted off my shoulders, thank God (I'll still be super careful tho)
It was the same last year and even know some travelers are excluded from this (from Israel)

Reactions: kcixcy and dimi_pat
Hi guys, i've been following the covid situation in Greece pretty carefully because I really want to visit this year. They just announced that people have to quarantine in their hotel or in a home for 7 days. Does anyone have any ideas about what this will be like? Or have any ideas about how to make this bearable?
People who I know that have gone to Greece during these times have found it no big deal to quarantine, BUT they've actually had relatives there to stay with. I do know, however, that the officials have been very strict about enforcing the quarantine. Staying in an AirBnB on the beach and getting delivery sounds great. However, that would mean you need to stay multiple weeks to feel fulfilled... I know Celestyal Cruises are starting in May...if you took a cruise, I'm wondering if you have to quarantine before getting on the ship. It will be interesting to see how the travel industry is going to deal with all this.

Reactions: mastichas09
People who I know that have gone to Greece during these times have found it no big deal to quarantine, BUT they've actually had relatives there to stay with. I do know, however, that the officials have been very strict about enforcing the quarantine. Staying in an AirBnB on the beach and getting delivery sounds great. However, that would mean you need to stay multiple weeks to feel fulfilled... I know Celestyal Cruises are starting in May...if you took a cruise, I'm wondering if you have to quarantine before getting on the ship. It will be interesting to see how the travel industry is going to deal with all this.
Hmmm...that's an interesting point. I'm also curious about the cruises (I feel like they might make an exception). Although I would be very careful on a cruise ship and only consider going if you're vaccinated. It might be difficult to receive medical attention if you're going from small island to small island.

Hmmm...that's an interesting point. I'm also curious about the cruises (I feel like they might make an exception). Although I would be very careful on a cruise ship and only consider going if you're vaccinated. It might be difficult to receive medical attention if you're going from small island to small island.
Usually cruise ships have a doctor on board equipped to take care of emergencies. Although I so want to visit our ancestors' villages, we just haven't wanted to go through all the stress of figuring out how to get there and where to stays even before the pandemic. As a result, we've gone on several cruises to Greek islands, but it just doesn't cut it staying in the likes of Santorini for 9 hours before having to move on. We've become cruise people. However, I hope to figure out how to comfortably do more mainland travel.

I just heard that the Tourism Minister in Greece recently said: “Tourists will be welcome if, before travel, they are either vaccinated or have antibodies or test negative.” Seems like getting fully vaccinated before you go is the easiest approach.

Reactions: Joni T.

Canyoning Bled Slovenia

Hi guys!!
I'm planning to take a group canyoning Bled but apparently, it is obligatory to use a local guide. I am a canyon instructor (caf and ffme), is this enough to supervise without anyone else? I have several years of experience (climbing and canyoning) and it is obvious that I will not be able to offer this destination if it is not possible.
Thanks in advance

Visit the Cyclades Islands - Information and Tips?

I am thinking of visiting some of the Cyclades islands this summer. I've, of course, already done Santorini and Mykonos. I want to do something a bit different.

I am thinking of the following:

- Tinos
- Naxos
- Milos
- Paros

I have some questions:

- When is the best time to visit? I am thinking of going in September.
- Should I ferry hop? That's probably the best way, right?
- How do I figure out where to stay? I love Airbnb - is that an option in Greece?

Thanks in advance!

Pack List for Trip to Greece in Spring

I have a trip to Greece planned in the spring. Mainly, I want advice on the weather. In the meantime, I made my best guess and came up with a list. Anything to add or subtract?

Clothing
  • A light rain jacket or windbreaker: For the inevitable April showers
  • A couple of long-sleeve shirts: For those cooler mornings
  • A lightweight sweater: For layering when temperature changes
  • A pair of comfortable pants: Think breathable fabrics like cotton, and a pair of jeans.
  • Shorts and a sundress: For warmer afternoons
  • Comfortable walking shoes: You’ll be exploring villages and ancient ruins, so cushioned soles are a must.
Accessories
  • A versatile scarf: Can double as a shawl on cooler evenings
  • A wide-brimmed hat: For sun protection
  • Sunglasses and sunscreen: Essential for beach days
  • Reusable water bottle: To stay hydrated without contributing more waste

Travel Tips for Naxos

I'm planning a trip to the island of Naxos soon and I'm reaching out for some guidance and tips.

First off, I've heard that Naxos is a haven for foodies – any recommendations on local foods I absolutely must try or the best places to eat?

Exploring the cultural heritage of Naxos is also high on my agenda. I understand there are plenty of historical sites and ruins that abound. For those of you who've wandered the island's ancient paths, which historical spots would you say I need to see??

Also, I’d love to hear about your favorite beaches. Are there any hidden gems I should know about? Places that aren’t too crowded perhaps?

Thanks!

List of Interesting Places to Visit in Greece

I thought I would make a list of some great places in Greece. Some I've visited, some I'd like to visit. Any recommendations on what I should add to the list? Thanks!

1. Athens: Athens provides the perfect contrast to the beautiful island vibe of Greece. Athens is the capital city of Greece and boasts of enthralling ancient history. Athens indeed is a treasure trove of history, and it's a must-visit. You don't want to miss the world-famous Acropolis, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and the National Archaeological Museum.

2. Santorini: If you're after stunning views and indulging in luxury, Santorini should be your next destination. Known for the iconic blue domes, Santorini is a volcanic island that provides a picturesque view of the sunset over the sea. It's an ideal destination for lovers and honeymooners to indulge in the island's romantic atmosphere.

3. Crete: Crete is the largest Greek Island full of culture, history, and food. The Island is famous for its beaches, nightlife, and delicious food. You can experience Greek hospitality at its finest, as Cretans are some of the friendliest people you'll meet.

4. Mykonos: Mykonos is a small island, but it's known for its vibrant nightlife, stunning beaches, and white-washed buildings. If you love partying and clubbing, then Mykonos is a place you should definitely tick off your bucket list. Don't miss experiencing the hazy atmosphere into the early hours of the morning.

5. Meteora: Meteora is a UNESCO world heritage site located in the northern region of Greece. It's known for the incredible rock formations and breathtaking monasteries that sit atop the rocks. If you're looking for a spiritual and serene experience, Meteora should be your top priority.

6. Delphi: Delphi is another significant cultural site located in Greece and is often called the center of the earth. It was once known as the navel of the world and holds great importance in Greek culture and history.

7. Rhodes: Rhodes is an exquisite island in Greece that is rich with history and charm. Known for its ancient history, Rhodes offers a picturesque view of rugged terrain that stands tall against the coastline.

8. Naxos: Less crowded than its neighboring islands, Naxos is a beautiful island that offers something for everyone. From crystal clear water to beautiful sandy beaches and a mild climate, it's a perfect location to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the world.

9. Corfu: Located in the Ionian Sea, Corfu is one of the greenest places in all of Greece. Corfu offers a relaxing atmosphere, and it's the perfect location to take a step back from the busy life and just enjoy the stunning view.

10. Hydra: If you're looking for a unique experience, Hydra should be on your list of places to visit in Greece. One of the most peaceful islands in Greece, Hydra is free of cars, and its unique bohemian vibe, stunning architecture, and tranquil surroundings make it a perfect destination.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back