1 - 5 of 5 Posts

greggd12

Is this a good place to spend a day in Crete? I've never been to any water parks on vacation but i'd like to check it out and see how it is

dimi_pat

I went once! I only stayed at the hotel but my cousins went to the water park and they said it was amazing

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
I say skip the water park and visit the beach! It's natures water park

nik_ma

Crete has some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece. Elafonissi beach in Chania is probably the best beach. Also, Balos, Vai, Falassarna and Preveli are amazing.

k_tsoukalas

It depends what you are looking for. Sure, the beaches are beautiful, but the water park is good for a change. This is especially great if you have kids. Kids sometimes need a high variety of activities to do, and water parks are always a great time for all ages!

El Grecos birthplace in Crete!

This is a must visit place in Crete! El Greco was a highly influential artist of the Spanish Renaissance. You can visit the Museum of El Greco which is located in the village of Fodele here you will find replicas of El Greco’s major works as well as related documents.

Museum-of-El-Greco-720x480.jpg

Has anyone celebrated Greek mardi gras (apokries) in Crete?

I've only been to the one in Athens (here's a pic)! But I've heard the one in Crete is amazing. Have any of you been?

apokries-athens-720x515.jpeg

What makes Cretan olive oil different from other Greek olive oil?

I've always heard that Cretan olive oil is "liquid gold" or that it's somehow better quality than other Greek olive oil. Does anyone know if and why this is true? I haven't really noticed a difference in taste

Car Rentals

I have a two-part question. 1. Anna Car rentals or Auto Club car rental. 2. Both claim full CDW coverage included in the price, do I need additional coverage? Thank you.

Best family beaches in Crete

Matala beach is my number one! It's pictured here
Next is Falassarna, Rodakino, Plakias, and Istros.

matalabeach.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter