1 - 5 of 5 Posts

greggd12

Is this a good place to spend a day in Crete? I've never been to any water parks on vacation but i'd like to check it out and see how it is

I went once! I only stayed at the hotel but my cousins went to the water park and they said it was amazing

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
I say skip the water park and visit the beach! It's natures water park

Crete has some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece. Elafonissi beach in Chania is probably the best beach. Also, Balos, Vai, Falassarna and Preveli are amazing.

It depends what you are looking for. Sure, the beaches are beautiful, but the water park is good for a change. This is especially great if you have kids. Kids sometimes need a high variety of activities to do, and water parks are always a great time for all ages!

Best Beaches with Services on Crete

It's tough for my family to visit beaches that don't have services - like a restaurant, bathrooms, because we are traveling with multiple generations and usually spend the whole day.

Do the following beaches have services? I will be going with my family end of June next year:

- Elafonissi
- Balos
- Matala
- Stalis

I am having a hard time visualizing based on descriptions I am finding online.

Priorities for exploring Chania's old town?

I’m planning a trip to the enchanting old town of Chania and I’ve heard so much about its rich history and vibrant culture. With so many intriguing options, I find myself grappling with where to begin and how to prioritize my time effectively.

For those who have experience of Chania—what would you say should be at the top of my list?

My interests range broadly, from historical landmarks, museums, and art galleries, to culinary delights and local crafts. I’m particularly fascinated by the blend of architectural styles and cultural influences evident in Chania.

Thanks in advance!

chania-crete.jpg

Visiting the Minoan Palaces on Crete Question

I am planning a trip to Crete, specifically to explore the ancient Minoan palaces, which have been on my bucket list for years. I've always been fascinated by the history and myths surrounding the Minoans, and I'm eager to see the remnants of this great civilization first-hand. However, I want to ensure that my trip is as enriching and smooth as possible, so I’m reaching out for some advice.

1. Best Time to Visit: When is the ideal time of year for visiting these sites in terms of weather and avoiding large tourist crowds?
  2. Must-See Palaces: Of course, the Palace of Knossos is at the top of my list, but I’d love to know if there are other Minoan palaces or sites that are equally worth exploring.
  3. Guided Tours vs. Solo Exploration: Are there benefits to opting for a guided tour of these palaces, or would I have a more personal and fulfilling experience exploring on my own?
  4. Transportation Tips: What's the best mode of transportation for getting around to these different sites? I'm wondering about rentals, public transportation, or any local tips on moving around the island.
  5. Local Insights: Any suggestions for local restaurants or cafes near these sites? I’m also interested in any cultural norms or tips that might help me respect and understand the local customs better.
Thanks in advance! I know there's a few - and Knossos Palace is one of them. There are others, like Malia. I would be interesting in seeing any of them because I am a history buff.

Video Walk Through of Heraklion Archaeological Museum

I am very fascinated by Greek history, particularly form the Minoan Civilization.

I would very much love to visit Crete so that I can learn more and see where it all happened.

I found this video of a museum I would love to visit. You don't need to have the sound turned on, it's really about the images and all you'll hear is background noise. But, I still found it pretty interesting.

Lagoons of Crete?

I'm planning a trip to Crete and I'm absolutely captivated by the idea of visiting its stunning lagoons. From what I've gathered, these natural wonders are not only a feast for the eyes but also offer unique experiences in terms of swimming, snorkeling, and just soaking in the breathtaking views.

I've heard about the famous Elafonissi and Balos lagoons, but I'm curious if there are other lesser-known lagoons on the island that are worth exploring. Additionally, I'm interested in any tips or advice on the best times to visit, how to get there, what to expect, or any other suggestions that could help make my visit as enjoyable as possible.

Also, if anyone has recommendations on where to stay nearby these lagoons or any local eateries to try out, that would be fantastic! I'm eager to experience Crete not just as a tourist, but through the eyes of those who know it best.
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back