1 - 4 of 4 Posts

knicks_fan87

I visited Super Paradise Beach about ten years ago and really loved it. It had a nice energy - I love the beach and I loved the party atmosphere. I was there in June.

I want to visit Mykonos again sometime in the near future and I am curious - has it changed? I have been hearing stories of people going to Mykonos and not liking the experience, but I am not sure why. Some did say they thought it was too loud, some said it was expensive. It was loud and somewhat expensive back then but I still loved it. Have things changed or is it possible that the people who didn't like it simply didn't like the party vibe?

Reactions: Hash
I visited Super Paradise Beach about ten years ago and really loved it. It had a nice energy - I love the beach and I loved the party atmosphere. I was there in June.

I want to visit Mykonos again sometime in the near future and I am curious - has it changed? I have been hearing stories of people going to Mykonos and not liking the experience, but I am not sure why. Some did say they thought it was too loud, some said it was expensive. It was loud and somewhat expensive back then but I still loved it. Have things changed or is it possible that the people who didn't like it simply didn't like the party vibe?
I am posting TripAdvisor 's reviews about Super Paradise beach.....I used to live there....my opinion is go and enjoy yourselves..... remember it is much more pricier now than 10 years ago!...in my crazier days we used to go by speedboat!.... terrific atmosphere!..... Have fun.... Yasou apo mena from Thailand!

Reactions: k_tsoukalas
I like that attitude, Hash! It has a pretty fun atmosphere but if you focus on the price and the expense, it won't be any fun at all. The vibe is fun, and there are ways to save money if you really want. There is no need to always visit every expensive restaurant. There are markets! When I travel sometimes I shop for my own breakfast stuff (I barely eat breakfast and this saves money) and then eat simple lunches, and I will eat out once a day or so, and then spend my money on fun stuff that I really want to do. One of the biggest expenses on that island, I learned, is food related. I even buy my own wine, etc to enjoy on the beach.

Reactions: Hash
I like that attitude, Hash! It has a pretty fun atmosphere but if you focus on the price and the expense, it won't be any fun at all. The vibe is fun, and there are ways to save money if you really want. There is no need to always visit every expensive restaurant. There are markets! When I travel sometimes I shop for my own breakfast stuff (I barely eat breakfast and this saves money) and then eat simple lunches, and I will eat out once a day or so, and then spend my money on fun stuff that I really want to do. One of the biggest expenses on that island, I learned, is food related. I even buy my own wine, etc to enjoy on the beach.
There are bakeries now in Mykonos you cannot imagine...all kinds of pastries,Kolorakia,hot spinach and cheese pies etc.... making lunch with cheeses, tomatoes, olives and ham, salami or abundance of fillings to choose from....the best cheap food in Mykonos on the beach is at Paradise beach...and next door......a choice which will make one eat all day long!... very affordable prices, same with beach chairs, open 24 hours for the young energetic party scene!!..... when I visited last time they stacked up a mountain of empty champagne 🍾 🍾 🍾 bottles in one corner 😂.........I used to do marketing for a Dive centre there, one could sit and chill on the sand at the end... fabulous views..... Kalley Mera from Thailand.

Sightseeing Priorities in Mykonos

I will be in Mykonos for about 6-7 days but some of that will be taken up with a wedding and the related festivities.

I estimate I might have 4 full days to sightsee that don't involve the wedding. This isn't a lot of time. I will get at least one beach day, and I would like to get to know the island - its history, culture, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how to prioritize?

Mykonos: Nammos Suspended!

Events unfolding rapidly in crackdowns after many years of irregular activities.I don't agree with the Police patrolling the narrow streets of Mykonos for noise levels from the bars in the video which I saw yesterday, felt quite saddened when at this time of the year it is so very nice to browse around Matoyianni with all the lovely shops and boutiques instead of 6-8 police walking up and down these beautiful narrow streets!... They begin to take away sound systems from the bars!

What are your opinions about the party scene in Mykonos?

I am traveling to Greece this July with a large group of friends and family and we all have different interests.

Some of the people have never been to Mykonos and are pushing for a longer stay because they want to party.

I did all that when I was younger, and it wasn't the greatest. I loved nightclubs back then, too.

What have been your experiences? I found it to be too hot to party hard. I love to dance, and I couldn't really dance much. The beaches made me feel claustrophobic because there was nowhere to really walk and get away from the loud music!

How do you find the "good" parties on Mykonos?

I went to only one of the beach clubs on Mykonos and it wasn't really my vibe. Yet, I constantly see people partying in Mykonos and it looks fun and they're having a blast. How do these people find those parties?

My questions:

• Are many of these parties private events?
  • Are there clubs away from the beaches that are known for their nightlife and DJs?
  • Are there different DJs that go to Mykonos? Maybe I can find out about the parties by tracking the DJs?
Another possibility is maybe the party scene really isn't my thing. I appreciate all your thoughts!

Favorite Beaches on Mykonos

I know that people have mixed feelings about the beaches of Mykonos, but I plan to go this year. I've been in the past and wanted to share my three favorites:

1. Elia Beach​

• Elia is the longest sandy beach in Mykonos, offering a less crowded experience. It's ideal for those who want to relax and enjoy crystal-clear waters.
  • Tip: Try the water sports facilities there — I don't enjoy it but my family members report that this is fun. They've rented jet skis.

2. Paradise Beach​

• As the name suggests, Paradise Beach is lovely. It's known for the party scene, but during the day it isn't bad. They just play DJ music while you're at the beach, and there's a lively bar.
  • Note: Leave before the evening parties start if that's not your scene. I love the energy during the day but I have to be in the mood for the music.

3. Psarou Beach​

• Psarou might allure you with its upscale vibe and excellent beachside services. It's all about luxury yachts, boutique shops, and high-end dining.
  • Recommendation: Don't miss the opportunity to snorkel in these beautiful waters. It's very serene here in general.
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back