1 - 16 of 16 Posts

knicks_fan87

I would love to take a small boat from Corfu to a nearby island...what is the best place I can visit for a day trip? I don't want to dock and stay at another island for an night because I've already booked a spot in Corfu for 4 days.

Here are a few amazing Greek islands to check out that are close to Corfu (not sure about sailing, but close for sure!, in no particular order):

- Lefkada
- Ithaca
- Kefalonia (one of my personal favorites!)

Thanks for the question!:)

The islands mentioned about are outstanding, but way too far for a day trip from Corfu Town. There are Corfu day boats that go to the highly recommended, very popular and beautiful Paxos and Anti-Paxos. Prior to the COVID pandemic, you could also take a day trip from Corfu to Saranda, Albania and see the amazing World Heritage site of Butrint, a UNESCO world heritage site.

These recommendations are not self-sail; they are tours by boat or hydrofoil. There are three small islands off the northern coast of Corfu, but someone else will have to comment on any available tours or self-navigation options.

Reactions: nm1999 and nadellii
These recommendations are not self-sail; they are tours by boat or hydrofoil. There are three small islands off the northern coast of Corfu, but someone else will have to comment on any available tours or self-navigation options.
By self sail do you mean chartered boat?

By self sail do you mean chartered boat?
Depending on the location and where you plan on going, there are boats for hire. Many people also sign up with a sailing group. The day tours really only provide you with transportation; rather than any do-it-yourself nautical experience.

Reactions: d_kakavouli
Depending on the location and where you plan on going, there are boats for hire. Many people also sign up with a sailing group. The day tours really only provide you with transportation; rather than any do-it-yourself nautical experience.
If you have a good group of people and you split a chartered boat it can be a pretty affordable splurge for a day

If you have a good group of people and you split a chartered boat it can be a pretty affordable splurge for a day
Chartering a boat can be really fun! I haven't done this in Corfu, but I imagine it would work just as well on Corfu as it did in Crete when I did it.

I would love to take a small boat from Corfu to a nearby island...what is the best place I can visit for a day trip? I don't want to dock and stay at another island for an night because I've already booked a spot in Corfu for 4 days.
You can rent boats almost at every port in Corfu with small outboards up to 35 hp without license. The problem is they all have limits as to where you can go and in most cases other islands are off limits.
If you have a car you can drive to Agios Stefanos. Thomas boat and Jetski hire, they have small boats with 30 hp ? motors from memory and they will let you go to a close by island called Diaplo and another little one next to it. They are only about 2 miles away from Agios Stefanos, Mathraki is a little further out but I don't think you are allowed to go there.
Should be around the 100-120 Euro per day plus any fuel you use.
When you come back to mainland I would recommend you stay at Syvota a couple days.
Have a good time and enjoy your stay in Corfu. I can't go anywhere this year locked up in Sydney.

Reactions: tomipark
You can rent boats almost at every port in Corfu with small outboards up to 35 hp without license. The problem is they all have limits as to where you can go and in most cases other islands are off limits.
If you have a car you can drive to Agios Stefanos. Thomas boat and Jetski hire, they have small boats with 30 hp ? motors from memory and they will let you go to a close by island called Diaplo and another little one next to it. They are only about 2 miles away from Agios Stefanos, Mathraki is a little further out but I don't think you are allowed to go there.
Should be around the 100-120 Euro per day plus any fuel you use.
When you come back to mainland I would recommend you stay at Syvota a couple days.
Have a good time and enjoy your stay in Corfu. I can't go anywhere this year locked up in Sydney.
Syvota looks beautiful, I hadn't heard of it before thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll take a trip down there sometime soon. Is it as peaceful as it looks? I like to stay away from crowds

Normally very busy at the peak of season however it shouldn't be very busy this year. Check out Hotel Syvota, we stayed there a couple times, nice people and nice setting.

Reactions: dubai_suzie
Normally very busy at the peak of season however it shouldn't be very busy this year. Check out Hotel Syvota, we stayed there a couple times, nice people and nice setting.
Thanks for the advice!! Can you share the link? I can't find it the actual hotel

Thanks!! The pool area looks really nice from the pictures
Not just the pool, the outdoor breakfast and dinning area is just as nice. The hotel is family run, numerous family members work there. Some nights they even entertain guests with Greek dances. They grow their own vegetables there and they have lots of fig trees. They allow guests to to pick if they want.
Another Island you may want to visit is Kefalonia, not as well known as Corfu or the famous Agean islands but very nice with crystal clear water and some nice beaches including the famous Myrtos beach.

Reactions: efhernandez_
Not just the pool, the outdoor breakfast and dinning area is just as nice. The hotel is family run, numerous family members work there. Some nights they even entertain guests with Greek dances. They grow their own vegetables there and they have lots of fig trees. They allow guests to to pick if they want.
Another Island you may want to visit is Kefalonia, not as well known as Corfu or the famous Agean islands but very nice with crystal clear water and some nice beaches including the famous Myrtos beach.
Sounds so lovely. I visited a similar hotel where they grew their own veggies and fruit and had their own honey. It's called Symantron and it was somewhere in the Peloponnese region.

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!

Recommendations for the best hikes on Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and have heard that it's a paradise for hikers and nature lovers alike. With its stunning landscapes, the Ionian sea's mesmerizing views, and lush trails winding through ancient olive groves, I'm eager to explore some of the island's best hiking trails.

That being said, I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for the insights and experiences of those who have tread these paths before me. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or someone who enjoys leisurely walks amidst nature, I would love to hear your recommendations on finding a good hiking trail. I'd prefer it to be scenic, and it shouldn't be too hard. Other than that, I am open to just about anything!

Thanks in advance!

Three Days or So in Corfu?

I was thinking of visiting Corfu over summer of 2024 and I am not sure how many days to stay. I was thinking that three days is a good amount, and that will enable me to visit other places in Greece (and other people - I have friends and family to visit).

Anyway 3 or 4 days really is ideal. But now, what to do? I have been watching a lot of content - there is some great travel content on YouTube and people love to visit Greece. Anyway, here is a great video:

Unesco World Heritage Sites of Corfu

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and I'm keen on visiting some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are located there. Being a bit of a history buff, I believe that exploring these sites can give me a deeper understanding of the island's cultural heritage and historical significance.

Could anyone here share more information about the UNESCO site on Corfu? Is there only one? The Corfu Old Town? What should I prioritize to see in Old Town?

Thanks!

Spend the day at Corfu Old Town?

Can you spend an entire day just exploring Corfu Old Town? I'm planning my itinerary for a trip to the gorgeous island of Corfu, and from what I've seen, the Old Town looks like a mosaic of historical and cultural influences with Venetian, French, and British vibes.

Has anyone here spent a day (or more) solely in the old part of the city? How was your experience? Are there enough sights, cafes, shops, and hidden gems to keep one entertained for the full day? I'm looking to soak up as much of the local atmosphere as possible without rushing through.

I am curious what you guys think and any advice you may have. Thanks!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back