1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Has anyone been to Kefalonia before? What's the most efficient and cost effective way to get there? Thanks

Andromahi

The best way is to hire a car from Athens ( much much cheaper) and drive to Patras and take the ferry from Patras to keffalonia. You definitely need a car there

nadellii

The best way is to hire a car from Athens ( much much cheaper) and drive to Patras and take the ferry from Patras to keffalonia. You definitely need a car there
So you brought the car with you on the ferry?

k_tsoukalas

So you brought the car with you on the ferry?

Yes, ferries have an area for your car. You drive it on and leave the car parked, and then you can go up into the ferry and enjoy the view and get a bite to eat or something to drink, if you want.

A walking tour of Argostoli, Kefalonia 🏖️

Walking around (or even biking) is one of the best leisurely wats to get to a know an island in Greece. That's why I love to visit Greek islands, is because you usually won't miss anything because everything is so quant and small and walkable. If anyone has any advice about the island of Kefalonia, I would love to know. My best tips that I have to visit in Kefalonia are Katovrahes and Melissani cave.

Check out Agia Efimia, Kefalonia

Agia Efimia is a small village on the coast of Kefalonia with amazing beaches and restaurants and hotels. One of the most highly rated restaurants in the village is To Steki, which means "the hangout." The food is so fresh and I highly recommend that you visit after spending some time at the beach :)

Weather in October in kefelonia

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

Ammes beach is one of the best beaches on Kefalonia

Ammes beach is in the Svoronata area which is very close to the airport. Its about 10 km southwest of Argostoli and one of the best beaches on the island! It's a pretty low-key beach with some great organized lounge chairs but as with most beaches in Greece, you can find a public spot where you can swim with ease and free of charge. The beach is super sandy and the waters are very clear. I highly recommend it!

Learn about Saint Gerasimus, the patron saint of Kefalonia

This video shows church services straight from Kefalonia on the saints day of Saint Gerasimus who is the patron saint of Kefalonia. Regions in Greece will have what is called a patron saint, who is said to protect and watch over the island. As you will see in the video, everyone from the surrounding area and villages will gather for this very important celebration and ceremony, it is truly a delight to see!

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter