1 - 2 of 2 Posts

auroracoor1

I loved Oia when I went a few years ago but I don't remember where I stayed. I can't track it down!

My question is - do you guys have any recommendations? Maybe this will jog my memory. In any case, I loved where I stayed, I am just not attached to it.

I would love a nice view of the caldera and a pool! The place I stayed offered both.

Last edited:
I have stayed at the Chelidonia Villa and Suites in Oia - it's a gorgeous property right on the caldera! Not sure if that is where you stayed, but maybe you'll like it too :)

Best places for photographs in Santorini?

I am going to Santorini again this year and I am on the lookout breathtaking photo spots in Santorini, and we need your insights! Help us pinpoint the ultimate locations for capturing the island's charm.

What are your favorite places to take photos? I have a few photos snapped of the Oia sunset from other trips. For this trip, I want to capture some different things, and maybe even some slice of life moments.

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

Volcanic history on Santorini?

I've always been fascinated by the natural wonders of the world, and recently I have become particularly interested in the volcanic landscape of Santorini. I understand that the island's dramatic cliffs, unique beaches, and overall topography are heavily influenced by its explosive volcanic past.

However, I'm looking to go beyond just the surface and truly understand the evidence of Santorini's volcanic activity. Could any geology enthusiasts, historians, or locals provide more detailed insights into:

1. Specific Landforms: What are the most apparent geological features on the island that indicate its volcanic nature?
  2. Volcanic Materials: Are there any areas where you can see different layers of ash or pumice stone resulting from various eruptions over time
I'd appreciate pictures, personal stories, or academic resources that could help in understanding the evidence of Santorini's volcanic landscape.

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back