1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nadellii

Toumba Stadium is where the PAOK Football Club plays all of its games! Soccer games in Greece are very exciting and full of energy. I would argue that they're probably some of the most passionate soccer fans in the entire world. Of course, if they're playing a rival team I recommend exercising caution. Sometimes the fans can get pretty rowdy and fights can break out. It's definitely a great place to go if you're in the city! :)

I have heard such great things about Toumba and the football club here. Seeing a game here is on my list for the next time I am in Greece! Being rowdy and fighting - that's football culture worldwide - so I am sure it's not too bad.

I agree, this is a great thing to do. The rowdiness and fighting aren't bad, it's just typical football culture. I have never felt unsafe here.

I agree, this is a great thing to do. The rowdiness and fighting aren't bad, it's just typical football culture. I have never felt unsafe here.
I love football culture! It's a thing to experience - and there is some rowdiness but there are a lot of families that go so I have never felt unsafe at a game.

Heard there was a Christmas market in Thessaloniki?

I want to do something festive this year in Greece. I am going to be in Thessaloniki for a short time and I heard that there is actually a Christmas market? Is it any good?

Do any of you have any details?

I heard the market is in Aristotelous Square, but that's all I know about it. I am assuming there will be vendors and things to buy - maybe I can do some Christmas shopping here?

Visiting Aristotelous Square Question

I will be in Thessaloniki staying near Aristotelous Square. If anyone familiar with the area could advise on:
  • Best cafes and eateries
  • Hidden gems or lesser-known spots
  • Any cultural/historical points of interest
  • Tips on navigating the square
  • Event schedules or seasonal recommendations
Thanks in advance! Grateful for any advice you can give. I will just be there for a few days. I don't know much about Thessaloniki.

Seeking the Best Mezze Spots in Thessaloniki

I am looking for recommendations. I am going to Thessaloniki in the spring and I want to visit a taverna or restaurant that has great Mezze!

If you've had an unforgettable meze experience in Thessaloniki, please share! I'm looking for recommendations on:
  • Your favorite spots for meze in the city
  • Must-try dishes
  • Any tips for a truly authentic meze dining experience
I appreciate any guidance you can provide to help me (and fellow food lovers) compile a list of must-visit meze destinations in Thessaloniki.

Food Specialties of Thessaloniki?

I am looking into regional cuisines in Greece and I am actually going to Thessaloniki at some point this year to visit some people. What are some unique dishes, and maybe concepts, that may the culinary food scene here unique?

From my initial research, I understand that Thessaloniki is known for its vibrant markets, exceptional seafood, and sweet treats. However, I'm eager to dig deeper and explore the authentic local specialties that this city has to offer. I believe that the best way to experience a new culture is.

What are some dishes I should look out for? Or maybe some ingredients, too?

Byzantine heritage of Thessaloniki?

I've recently developed a keen interest in Byzantine history and its remarkable cultural heritage. Having read that Thessaloniki has a rich tapestry of Byzantine monuments and sites, I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for some insight.

I'd love to hear anyone's experiences in visiting Thessaloniki with a focus on its Byzantine past. Could you share recommendations on must-see sites? Particularly, I'm interested in the architecture related to Byzantium and if there's a museum about it I can visit.

Thanks in advance!
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back