1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nadellii

I am starting this thread now of pictures from the beautiful island of Kefalonia! It is definitely one of my favorites on the western side of Greece, with the exception of Zakinthos. Please leave some pictures in the comments! I would love to see them.

91671091-69A5-496D-89D8-0527CA3B0B6E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Vangelis
Myrtos Beach Kefalonia

Myrtos beach Kefalonia.jpg

Reactions: dimi_pat
Reactions: Vangelis
This island is so pretty! I will have to visit these places. :)

Travel to Kefalonia in May?

I plan to go to Greece at the end of April leading up to Orthodox Easter, which is at the beginning of May.

I will spend Holy Week and Easter near Athens.

Then, I would love to visit another place. I am considering Kefalonia. Is early May a good time of year to go to Kefalonia?

Always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia...

I have a bucket list of going to Kefalonia while the turtles are on the beaches. I love turtles and this seems like a really beautiful thing.

I found this video that talks about them. It's not quite seeing them in person, but it was informative. Thought I'd share:

Good Kefalonia Beaches for Late Summer?

I am headed to Kefalonia in late summer - August/September. I am wondering which beaches are best this time of year? I heard that these beaches were good - Myrtos Beach, Antisamos Beach, and Skala Beach. Are any of these good at that time of year?

Top Attractions in Kefalonia

Planning a trip to kefalonia next year. I want to see the turtles - I was thinking of going at the end of June. Does this make sense to see the turtles?

In addition I want to see the following - did I miss anything?

- Melissani Cave
- Skala Beach (and other beaches)
- Castle of Agios Georgios

Anything else I should prioritize?

Making Christopsomo- Christmas Bread

I will be traveling to Greece this Christmas and I want to make some Christopsomo to give to my family when I go. I have never made it and want to run something by you - do these ingredients look right? It looks very similar to tsoureki to me but with a lot of spices. I am also nervous there's too much flour in the recipe.

- 8 cups or so of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of honey
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back