1 - 3 of 3 Posts

knicks_fan87

The Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival is an annual international competition that showcases artists from around the world that create some of the best documentaries. The submission ends pretty soon on January 12! Your documentary must be over 70 minutes long to be eligible for entry into the film festival. I am excited too see all of the submissions and see who ends up winning the award! Best of luck to all of the filmmakers. Here is the link for more information https://www.athina984.gr/en/2022/01...st-apo-to-festival-ntokimanter-thessalonikis/

ladytina

I am so excited to see that this festival is back on. I've always wanted to go! I am finally planning a trip to Thessaloniki, and I am hoping that it syncs up with the festival.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing this! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Xan square is a great place to visit in Thessaloniki!

This square was originally named after the Christian Brotherhood of the Youth of Thessaloniki, also known as XAN for short. You can visit the State Museum of Contemporary Art, the Tower of OTE and International Trade Fair!! I highly suggest you check it out

Do I have to pay to visit monasteries in Thessaloniki?

I was thinking to visit Panagia Ikosifinissa, Vlatadon and Agia Theodora. Do I have to pay to enter? If so, about how much is it per monastery?

Are there any traditional Greek villages near Thessaloniki?

I love the feel of a small village. Is there anything near the city that I can visit?

About Vlatadon Monastery in Thessaloniki

This monastery was a royal grant from Byzantine Empress Anna Palaiogos. On the land where the monastery was built, according to legend, the Apostle Paul preached to the Thessalonians in 51 A.D, during his second mission. This is what the monastery looks like, totally worth visiting.

vlatadon-monastery-720x480.jpg

Olympos Naoussa, historic Thessaloniki restaurant returns

Olympos Naoussa is a historic Thessaloniki restaurant that used to be very popular among the cities elite and cosmopolitan society that was unfortunately shut down. It was extremely popular for fancy dinners and getting drinks, and was frequented by tourists. As of recently, plans have been announced that the restaurant will be revived and open for the public once again. I am so excited to visit and go for a fancy occasion. Does anyone remember this restaurant?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter