1 - 4 of 4 Posts

dimi_pat

Reactions: seleanor
Looks like so much fun! I wish I could travel this year :( :(

Have there been any updates on it since then? I'd be grateful for any information on the cruise from France. We want to go to Nice next summer, so I wonder if there will be any cruise offers then. I'd be grateful if you shared some resources about France, like this simply-france.com. I guess I've already looked through it more than 10 times. My wife and I have always dreamed of going on a voyage. So, I hope next summer our dream will come true. I'll be waiting for your replies, guys. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Last edited:
Can anyone advise what budget is needed to travel around the whole of Europe?

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?

Can you spend a week in Santorini?

I will be going to Greece next year and someone I am traveling with is obsessed with photos of Santorini and wants to go.

From what I can gather, most people say just to spend a few days and then move on, but this person is pushing for a longer stay.

Is there enough to do on Santorini so that spending a week or more makes sense? She wants to enjoy the sunsets, the food (I heard the food is better in other parts of Greece), and beaches (I also heard that there aren't as many beaches).

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks lovely, I just feel deep down that a week might be too long.

Dealing with the crowded sunset on Oia

I tried to see the sunset on Oia - I was only there for a day. It was sooo crowded it was nuts.

I do want to give Santorini another chance but I need help finding a different sunset spot. I ended up watching the sunset by a dumpster - and it felt good enough.

I just don't know what to do - there was NO WAY I was going to be able to see it in Oia with how many people there were.

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

View the natural and unique geography of Santorini

I love visiting Santorini because to me, it's physically beautiful. I find it enchanting because of how unique the landscape is.

About 3,600 years ago, the island experienced a colossal volcanic event, known as the Minoan eruption. This event was so massive that it significantly altered the landscape, creating the caldera—a giant central lagoon surrounded by high cliffs on three sides. The eruption also played a pivotal role in shaping the ancient civilizations of the area.

Santorini's geological wonders don't stop at the caldera. The island boasts unique beaches with varying colors of sand and pebbles—red, black, and white—thanks to its volcanic nature. Visiting these beaches is like stepping onto another planet.

So, I plan to go again this year and check it out. Some of the places I love are Red Beach, Oia (I plan to stay in Oia), and I love doing that hike from Fira to Oia during sunset.What do you love to do in Santorini?

santorini-greece.jpg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back