1 - 9 of 9 Posts

acamp7

I have stumbled upon a very interesting article that proves Greeks may be the original inventors of pizza! At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, especially since our cultures are so close and im sure that hundreds of cultures have been eating different variations of bread, tomato and cheese. Let me know if you think that Greeks actually invented pizza!!

Reactions: The Greek Vibe

Athanasia

While in Santorini we visited ancient city of Acrotiri and saw the proof that the Ancient Greeks invented pizza and crepes.

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

While in Santorini we visited ancient city of Acrotiri and saw the proof that the Ancient Greeks invented pizza and crepes.
What is the proof? Is there a museum? I would love to visit :)

Athanasia

Yes of course it is in the archeological museum of Santorini.

Reactions: seleanor

The Greek Vibe

You could say that. You can find something very similar to pizza, a traditional "pita" made and eaten on the island of Kimolos in the Cyclades. It is called "ladenia" and is made of a pizza-like dough and topped with onions, tomatoes, and olive oil.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

You could say that. You can find something very similar to pizza, a traditional "pita" made and eaten on the island of Kimolos in the Cyclades. It is called "ladenia" and is made of a pizza-like dough and topped with onions, tomatoes, and olive oil.
Is it still eaten today?

The Greek Vibe

Is it still eaten today?
Yes it is! The bakeries on Kimolos and Milos make it and you can also find the recipe and make it yourself. Below a photo of mine.

Attachments

• ladenia.jpeg
    ladenia.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 0

k_tsoukalas

Yes it is! The bakeries on Kimolos and Milos make it and you can also find the recipe and make it yourself. Below a photo of mine.
Wow, this looks delicious. This truly does look like it could be a pizza precursor. So yummy! One day soon I will hopefully have a chance to try his for myself.

Reactions: The Greek Vibe

The Greek Vibe

Wow, this looks delicious. This truly does look like it could be a pizza precursor. So yummy! One day soon I will hopefully have a chance to try his for myself.
And you'll be coming back for more!

What is the difference between the Roman and Byzantine empire?

This is something that has always confused me. I've seen people use the words Roman and Byzantine interchangeably, but I'm pretty sure that the Roman empire was led by the Italians, and the Byzantine empire by the Greeks/Romans. Does anyone see my confusion here? And is someone able to clarify?

What do you think of the movie Alexander?

I've seen many different opinions of this movie, most of them debating its historical accuracy and the actors portrayal of these characters. I am very curious to see what everyone else thinks. Personally I am happy to see that Alexander the great story made it to the big screen, and with such great and famous actors. But I would love to see a little bit more history and culture in the movie.

Can you pass this Greek geography quiz?

I'm so curious to see how much everyone knows about Greek geography. Personally, I know very little so it's super interesting to see how actual Greeks did with these questions.

Who is your favorite Greek leader?

Throughout all of the years and empires throughout Greek history, who is your favorite leader? Who do you think did the best job in leading and supporting Greece. Personally I think Venizelos was great, since he contributed greatly to the modern success of Greece both domestically and on an international level.

New archaeological museum maps history of western Crete .

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter