1 - 9 of 9 Posts

francescool

These caves are amazing 😎

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Here are a few resources about popular beaches and castles to visit in Kefalonia:

Wow, these caves do look amazing! I can't wait to visit them when I go... I didn't see them the first time I was there.

Reactions: francescool
Wow, these caves do look amazing! I can't wait to visit them when I go... I didn't see them the first time I was there.
I recommend Melissa cave, its one of the best for sure. Take pictures if you go and please post them :) :)

Lake/cave Melissani 12 August 2018.
The lake has brackish water and the deepest part is some 30 mtrs (100' for Americans).
1633236620991.png
1633236714685.png

Last edited:
Antisamos beach. One of my favorites in Kefalonia, note the turquoise water and green mountain! Not far from Sami. I know it is not famous like Myrtos.

1633237040004.png

Reactions: efhernandez_
This is a great video. Kefalonia is so beautiful... It's one of those magical places where there is so much to do for the outdoors!

Travel to Kefalonia in May?

I plan to go to Greece at the end of April leading up to Orthodox Easter, which is at the beginning of May.

I will spend Holy Week and Easter near Athens.

Then, I would love to visit another place. I am considering Kefalonia. Is early May a good time of year to go to Kefalonia?

Best way to get from Athens to Kefalonia?

I am booking my transportation for my trip to Kefalonia. I will have to fly into Athens, and I will be spending some time in Athens (haven't decided how long). From there, I would like t travel to Kefalonia. What is the best way? Should I just do the ferry? I also don't mind flying.

The one detail is that I ideally would like to leave from Kefalonia to go home to the United States. Should I plan on staying in Athens again? Logistically, I know this isn't ideal, to need to leave from Kefalonia for home, so maybe I should split my Athens trip up (about two weeks in Athens) to make it easier on myself?

Top Attractions in Kefalonia

Planning a trip to kefalonia next year. I want to see the turtles - I was thinking of going at the end of June. Does this make sense to see the turtles?

In addition I want to see the following - did I miss anything?

- Melissani Cave
- Skala Beach (and other beaches)
- Castle of Agios Georgios

Anything else I should prioritize?

Turtles question about Kefalonia

I'm planning an upcoming trip to the beautiful island of Kefalonia and I've heard quite a bit about the turtles that can be seen around the island. 🐢💦

Being a wildlife lover, I'd be thrilled to catch a glimpse of these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat! I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate insights from those who have visited or are knowledgeable about the local wildlife:
  1. What is the best time of year to observe turtles in Kefalonia?
  2. Are there specific locations where sightings are more common?
  3. Do local conservation efforts support safe viewing that won't disrupt the turtles' natural behavior?
Anything you have to share will be helpful!

Visiting Lixouri in Kefalonia?

I am planing to go to Kefalonia and want to stay in a town that has a lot going on but maybe isn't so big and overwhelming. I researched and thought maybe Lixouri was a candidate?

This will be my first time on Kefalonia and I am interested in any tips you can give, such as:
  • What are the must-see attractions in and around Lixouri?
  • Can you suggest any hidden gems that a tourist might typically overlook?
  • What's the best way to get around the town and to nearby sites?
  • Any advice on local dining spots or unforgettable culinary experiences?
  • I'm also interested in outdoor activities — are there any particular hikes or natural wonders not to be missed?
  • Lastly, if you have any tips on cultural etiquette or local customs, I’d love to hear about them!
Thank you!
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back