1 - 8 of 8 Posts

francescool

These caves are amazing 😎

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, thanks for sharing!

Here are a few resources about popular beaches and castles to visit in Kefalonia:

kef_john68

Wow, these caves do look amazing! I can't wait to visit them when I go... I didn't see them the first time I was there.

Reactions: francescool

francescool

Wow, these caves do look amazing! I can't wait to visit them when I go... I didn't see them the first time I was there.
I recommend Melissa cave, its one of the best for sure. Take pictures if you go and please post them :) :)

Jerry s

Lake/cave Melissani 12 August 2018.
The lake has brackish water and the deepest part is some 30 mtrs (100' for Americans).
1633236620991.png
1633236714685.png

Last edited:

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

Jerry s

Antisamos beach. One of my favorites in Kefalonia, note the turquoise water and green mountain! Not far from Sami. I know it is not famous like Myrtos.

1633237040004.png

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

Does anyone know if Mount Ainos is open?

I know that it was closed because of some fires but I'm not sure if its open again. Does anyone know?

There was a recent earthquake in Kefalonia

Just so that any travelers are aware, there was an earthquake in Kefalonia last week so there might be a few aftershocks. Greece is known for earthquakes, so this is nothing new and many of the buildings are built to withstand earthquakes

What should I NOT do in Kefalonia?

Did anyone have any negative experiences that could help me out in understanding what I should avoid while visiting Kefalonia?? I know there's so many positives about the island, but I find it helpful to see the good and the bad :)

How can I avoid the crowds in Kefalonia?

I don't really want to get caught up in the touristy areas...where should I avoid in Kefalonia?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter