1 - 5 of 5 Posts

acamp7

I don't really want to get caught up in the touristy areas...where should I avoid in Kefalonia?

Reactions: dimi_pat
Maybe you can find something great from this collection of articles? I don't know what's considered off the beaten track or not in this island, unfortunately:

I don't really want to get caught up in the touristy areas...where should I avoid in Kefalonia?
I think a great way to avoid crowds on an island like Kefalonia, but still see everything we want, is to travel at the "off peak" times within the tourist season. May, September, and October are my favorite months to visit Greece.

Reactions: greggd12
I think a great way to avoid crowds on an island like Kefalonia, but still see everything we want, is to travel at the "off peak" times within the tourist season. May, September, and October are my favorite months to visit Greece.
I agree, its also easier to do so ay my job because they prefer some people to stay home during the summer months because everyone is at vacation

Best way to get from Athens to Kefalonia?

I am booking my transportation for my trip to Kefalonia. I will have to fly into Athens, and I will be spending some time in Athens (haven't decided how long). From there, I would like t travel to Kefalonia. What is the best way? Should I just do the ferry? I also don't mind flying.

The one detail is that I ideally would like to leave from Kefalonia to go home to the United States. Should I plan on staying in Athens again? Logistically, I know this isn't ideal, to need to leave from Kefalonia for home, so maybe I should split my Athens trip up (about two weeks in Athens) to make it easier on myself?

Caves and Lake in Kephalonia

I saw some photos of the caves in Kephalonia and there's a lake near one of them, too. I think the cave is called Drograti and the lake is Melissani. I got the impression they were close to each other? Are they?

I would love to visit both - seems like such a natural and beautiful place. I don't want it to be busy when I go - what is a good time of year to visit? Do you have any tips?

Always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia...

I have a bucket list of going to Kefalonia while the turtles are on the beaches. I love turtles and this seems like a really beautiful thing.

I found this video that talks about them. It's not quite seeing them in person, but it was informative. Thought I'd share:

Best beaches in Kefalonia for families?

I'm in the process of planning what I hope to be an unforgettable family vacation to the beautiful island of Kefalonia. With its stunning landscapes and inviting sea, I can't think of a better place to spend quality time with the family.

However, as we all know, not all beaches are created equal, especially when it comes to finding spots that are both beautiful and suitable for families. Factors like gentle waves, shallow waters, accessibility, and nearby facilities (such as restrooms and places to eat) can make all the difference in ensuring a stress-free and enjoyable day at the beach for both parents and kids.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations you might have for beaches that fit this bill. Our family loves a mix of adventures and relaxation, so suggestions for beaches with a bit of both would be fantastic. Are there any particular spots that have captured your heart due to their beauty, safety, and family-friendly amenities?

What to do in Kefalonia with family?

I'm currently planning a family trip to the stunning island of Kefalonia and would love your insights. We're a large family and we're all going. My sister has two kids - one is 12 and the other is 9. We are also traveling with my parents.

From our initial research, we know that Kefalonia boasts beautiful beaches, fascinating caves, and picturesque villages. However, we want to ensure our trip is as memorable for our children as it is for us.

Could anyone recommend:
  • Family-friendly beaches with shallow waters and fun activities?
  • Cultural or historical sites that are engaging for children?
  • Places to see wildlife or participate in outdoor adventures suitable for young ones?
  • Any local eateries that are great for families, perhaps with play areas or menus catered to kids?
We're also open to any tips on getting around the island with children, as we're debating between renting a car or relying on public transport.

Thanks!
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back