1 - 9 of 9 Posts

nm1999

Does anyone know how to read the future using the grounds from a Greek coffee cup? It sounds so cool :)

dimi_pat

I think it's something that's passed down from people. Not really something you can learn. I would suggest finding an expert to read your own coffee grounds and maybe they'll teach you some tricks

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: Joni T.

Xpisto

One of the important assets to reading the coffee grounds is being a good story teller so you get the persons undivided attention and what you are saying/reading sounds plausible. My grandmother and her sister were both good at reading the coffee grounds but no one else in the family took up the practice. When we were in Alexandria, GR last year one of my female cousins was reading the coffee grounds and had the young ladies enthralled with what she saw as their future.

One of the important assets to reading the coffee grounds is being a good story teller so you get the persons undivided attention and what you are saying/reading sounds plausible. My grandmother and her sister were both good at reading the coffee grounds but no one else in the family took up the practice. When we were in Alexandria, GR last year one of my female cousins was reading the coffee grounds and had the young ladies enthralled with what she saw as their future.
How did they learn to do the readings? Was it passed down in the family?

Xpisto

How did they learn to do the readings? Was it passed down in the family?
Yes it had to be that way. because my GM was born in 1894. I'll have to ask my cousin ib Greece where she learned the art of reading coffee grounds. When I find out I'll post the response.

Reactions: xmelissaa

Joni T.

Does anyone know how to read the future using the grounds from a Greek coffee cup? It sounds so cool :)
Interesting question. Brings to mind yet another question I wish I had asked my Yiayia before she passed! I'm thinking that if this were something I really wanted to know, this would be a good time to give the few 90+ yr. old Greek women I know a call in the nursing home where they reside..

Last edited:

Xpisto

I received a reply from my cousin in Alexandria. She said her grandmother taught her and if you have a good imagination its easy.

xmelissaa

I received a reply from my cousin in Alexandria. She said her grandmother taught her and if you have a good imagination its easy.
Hmmm that's so interesting. I wonder if I can learn from my family too. Is your family Alexandria, Egypt? My grandma was from there and she was very wise

Can I use natural dye to dye red Easter eggs?

I've been trying to avoid toxins and chemicals these days. Has anyone used natural dyes to dye their eggs? Or even tried dyeing eggs with beet juice? Would it end up looking like the picture below or would it come out like a lighter pink?

redeggs.jpg

What do name days mean?

Hi everyone! My husband is Greek and I know name days are super important in the culture but I still don't really understand what they mean and what is their significance. Can someone explain it?

Greek festivals in Australia?

My Australian cousins are wondering if anyone knows of good Greek festivals happening this year. I thought this would be a great place to ask

Apparently some Greek festivals might be happening this year!

What is your favorite Greek nursery rhyme?

I love to sing nursery rhymes to my younger cousins but the only ones I remember from my childhood are O Barba Brillos!

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter