1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Hash

Just behind the windmills is where I parked my car every morning before walking down the hill to Little Venice to the Delos Port!❤️❤️

So cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: Hash
This is really fun! Thank you so much for sharing this.

I wonder if they have these webcams for other parts of Greece! I would've never thought to look at something like this but its pretty interesting :)

Yes but not all of them work properly....I don't have time to post them....Season is cooling off now so they will be switching off transmissions.... leave it with me and I will see what I can do for next season, I can ask a few people I know..❤️.....
I wonder if they have these webcams for other parts of Greece! I would've never thought to look at something like this but its pretty interesting :)

Yes but not all of them work properly....I don't have time to post them....Season is cooling off now so they will be switching off transmissions.... leave it with me and I will see what I can do for next season, I can ask a few people I know..❤️.....
Thank you! I guess it makes sense to switch it off after tourist season. I look forward to when it is back up and running! Thanks!

Thank you! I guess it makes sense to switch it off after tourist season. I look forward to when it is back up and running! Thanks!
Wish they were up year round so I could see what its like when there aren't so many tourists!

Wish they were up year round so I could see what its like when there aren't so many tourists!
You will!!...... There are webcams at the Tourlos Port so you can see all cruise ships and Ferries.... also boats and Yachts...and there is another one on top of water front paralia too!..... There was one at Kalafatis where I lived for the windsurfing .....we will see next year...I will write to Konstantinos Koukas the Mayor to see if can get some businesses to sponsor some locations on top of Mykonos!..

Reactions: greek_ggirl
You will!!...... There are webcams at the Tourlos Port so you can see all cruise ships and Ferries.... also boats and Yachts...and there is another one on top of water front paralia too!..... There was one at Kalafatis where I lived for the windsurfing .....we will see next year...I will write to Konstantinos Koukas the Mayor to see if can get some businesses to sponsor some locations on top of Mykonos!..
Kalafis is beautiful!!!

There are but I need time which I don't have as I many things going on!🤗🤗...I will try later...

Thank you, Hash for letting us know about this!

Reactions: nadellii

Good Clubs in Mykonos?

I have heard mixed reviews about partying in Mykonos. Some really love it, some can't stand it. I love a good nightclub so I am hoping I will love it. I love to dance, too. I don't like anything over the top, just normal club vibes.

I did some preliminary research. What do you guys think?

- Scarpa
- Skandinavian Bar
- Cavo Paradiso
- At54

I don't know how to tell if any of these are still open.

Favorite Beaches on Mykonos

I know that people have mixed feelings about the beaches of Mykonos, but I plan to go this year. I've been in the past and wanted to share my three favorites:

1. Elia Beach​

• Elia is the longest sandy beach in Mykonos, offering a less crowded experience. It's ideal for those who want to relax and enjoy crystal-clear waters.
  • Tip: Try the water sports facilities there — I don't enjoy it but my family members report that this is fun. They've rented jet skis.

2. Paradise Beach​

• As the name suggests, Paradise Beach is lovely. It's known for the party scene, but during the day it isn't bad. They just play DJ music while you're at the beach, and there's a lively bar.
  • Note: Leave before the evening parties start if that's not your scene. I love the energy during the day but I have to be in the mood for the music.

3. Psarou Beach​

• Psarou might allure you with its upscale vibe and excellent beachside services. It's all about luxury yachts, boutique shops, and high-end dining.
  • Recommendation: Don't miss the opportunity to snorkel in these beautiful waters. It's very serene here in general.

Nightlife question about Mykonos

I have seen footage of fun-looking club atmospheres on Mykonos. I went last year and couldn't find those parties! I want to try again the next time I am in Greece, probably in September.

I’d love to find places that strike a balance between great music (preferably a mix of international and local beats), a lively but not overly crowded atmosphere, and of course, stunning settings that scream ‘Mykonos’!

Does anyone have personal favorites or hidden gems they'd be willing to share?

mykonos-nightlife.jpg

Things to Do in Mykonos at Christmas

I am thinking of heading to Mykonos this Christmas season to visit some people. I thought I would share some thoughts about what I can do there this time of year.

Christmas Markets

Like many other places in Europe, Mykonos also has its own version of Christmas markets. Wander around the charming alleys of the old town and discover festive stalls selling handmade crafts, traditional sweets, and local delicacies. The main market takes place in Manto Square, where you can also experience the lighting of the Christmas tree and carol singing.

Traditional Celebration

Christmas celebrations in Mykonos follow the Greek Orthodox calendar, which means that the main festivities are held on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You can attend the midnight Mass at one of the island's many churches, such as the Paraportiani Church, or witness the local traditions of kalanda (carol singing) and feasting on traditional dishes like avgolemono soup and roasted lamb.

Christmas Shopping

There are some great shops on Mykonos. I can do my Christmas shopping here!

Taking a quick boat ride in Mykonos

Does anyone know the best way to take a quick boat ride when in Mykonos? I usually just walk around the shore and find someone (they usually bring their boats to a spot) but the last time I did that, I didn't like the boat! So I want to plan things in advance this time around. I plan to go to Mykonos soon.

The last boat had a glass bottom, and it freaked me out - I don't want to do that again.

Also, I am interested in Scuba diving but I know that is a bit more complicated to arrange than a boat ride. I might have to wait until I get there?
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back