1 - 10 of 10 Posts

knicks_fan87

Hey, does anyone have any advice about what to do in Santorini? My wife is more of a beach type of girl, but I really like hitting the town and getting to know the locals (and seeing the architecture like in this pic). What do you all recommend for Santorini?

santorini1.png

Hitting the local areas is best especially in the Summer when its really busy!

My favorite beach is Kamara Beach:

kamara-beach1-720x540.jpg

I think you could definitely do both - go to the beach by day - hit the town at night. Depending on how long you stay, you could also take some time to see the sites and maybe visit some of the beaches at night. The beaches are unique on Santorini because of the volcanic activity. I agree with Nick that Kamara Beach is one of the best on the island. There are also beach bars scattered throughout the island so you can get some nightlife AND see the beach at the same time. Chilli's has beach loungers and you can lounge with a cocktail sitting by the water during the day - best of both worlds!

As I'm sure you know Santorini is known for its beautiful mountainside and architecture. The beaches are really great, especially the pink and white beaches. It's really unlike anything I've seen before…but there are excellent beaches everywhere in the world, especially in Greece. So it really depends on where else you're going for your trip, if you're hitting another beach destination, I would say skip the beaches in Santorini and enjoy the beautiful views and sunsets.

Reactions: dubai_suzie
I went to Santorini years ago with my ex boyfriend, and I love the beaches!! The pink sand was so unique and luxurious and I would love to go again. Maybe try and hit the beaches and the town! Especially because both of you need to be happy and enjoy your trip!

Personally I don't go to Santorini for the beaches, although it's cool to see the pink and black beaches at least once. There are far better islands for beach lovers. Santorini has so much to explore from the vineyards to ruins to the efestio (lava). I'd spend your days exploring, eating and drinking in Santorini then take a ferry to Mykonos, Paros or Naxos for some amazing beach time!

My favorite memories of Santorini was walking around in the town. The streets are so small and island like, and there are some really great authentic stores to go shopping and get a taste of Greek fashion and handywork. Avoid the more touristy areas, like the streets with the Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores. That's not what Greece is really about.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
I totally agree, you definitely need a mix of both. And you would really be missing out on a huge part of Santorini, if you didn't visit the volcano.

Nea-Kameni-Santorini-720x479.jpg

Honestly in my opinion Santorini is not the best place for beaches, if you really want some great beaches, I would head to Zakynthos and service or Skopelos.

If you are visiting any other greek islands and you have limited time in Santorini i would skip the beaches and hit the town(oia.fira.pyrgos). Santorini being a volcanic island is not famous for the beaches but the caldera views will blow your mind.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Worth it to visit Imerovigli?

I am trying to gather information for my next trip to Greece. We are spending a few nights in Santorini. I've stayed in Oia in the past, but I want to do something different. Is Imerovigli a good option?

Here is some information I have gathered about it:

It's a small and peaceful village located on the northwest coast of Santorini, almost halfway between the bustling towns of Fira and Oia. This makes it a perfect spot for those who want to enjoy the island's beauty without the crowds (so I have been told).

When it comes to accommodations, Imerovigli has some of the most luxurious and unique hotels in Santorini. Many of them are built into the cliffs. I drove through this village last time I was on Santorini and thought the hotels looked nice)

There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes in Imerovigli to enjoy authentic Greek cuisine and drinks. Some of the most highly-rated restaurants include Anogi, Avocado, and La Maison. And if you want to relax and unwind, you can head to one of the many spas in Imerovigli that offer massages, Jacuzzis, and other treatments.

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?

Looking for Museums and Galleries to Visit on Santorini

I'm planning a trip to the enchanting island of Santorini, Greece, and am keen on immersing myself in the local art scene and history. Santorini is renowned not only for its breathtaking sunsets and stunning landscapes but also for its rich cultural tapestry. I aim to soak up as much of this cultural richness as possible during my visit.

In preparation for this adventure, I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for recommendations on must-visit museums and art galleries on the island. I'm interested in both well-known spots and hidden gems that capture the essence of Santorini's history, art, and culture.

Additionally, if anyone has insights on the best times to visit these spots to avoid crowds or to participate in any special events or exhibits, that would be wonderfully helpful.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and recommendations. I look forward to exploring Santorini’s cultural treasures and creating unforgettable memories on this trip!

Volcanic Hot Springs in Santorini?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the water in the area with the volcano? I heard of some people going in the water on tour excursions but I question if that is a regular occurrence. Also, are those considered the volcanic hot springs or are the real hot springs in another area?

I plan on doing something like his when I am in Santorini, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Hotel in Santorini with a view like this?

My wife and I are going to Santorini soon. We usually stay with people, but they don't live on the caldera like this.

I thought it would be a nice treat to stay somewhere for a few days that his this kind of a view!

I know there are some great caldera-perched places in Oia. I know they're expensive but they seem worth it.

Anyone have any recommendations?

santorini-greece.jpg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back