1 - 2 of 2 Posts

greek_ggirl

Check out this beautiful video of the Melisanni cave

This is a gorgeous video of a gorgeous place. Thanks for sharing! Here is more information about it:

Best Time to Visit the Sea Turtles in Kefalonia

I am hoping to some day see the sea turtles in Kefalonia and I think next year might be it. I hear they only go at certain times of the year. Does anyone know about this? If I travel in June will I see them? I heard that they also only go to certain beaches? Has anyone here seen them? I am so fascinated by this. I think June might be the best month for me to travel next year and Kefalonia looks like a great place in general.

What to do in Corfu for couples?

My partner and I are planning a romantic getaway to Corfu, Greece, and we're looking for some insider tips on the best experiences for couples. We've heard so much about Corfu's natural beauty and rich history, but we're hoping to tailor our itinerary to include activities that are especially romantic.

We're open to anything, whether it's relaxing on secluded beaches, exploring charming villages, enjoying candlelit dinners with stunning views, or embarking on adventurous excursions together. Ideally, we'd love to find a balance between leisurely, romantic moments and exciting adventures that we can share as a couple.

If you were us, what would you do while on the island?

Kefalonia hiking trails information

I've recently ventured into the breathtaking landscapes of Kefalonia, Greece, and I'm excited to share some insights and hopefully gather some from you as well. Kefalonia is not just a paradise for those seeking sun and sea; it's also a haven for hikers looking to explore nature's marvels on foot.

Myrtos Beach to Assos: This trail offers panoramic views of the famous Myrtos Beach, leading you to the quaint village of Assos. The path might be challenging, but the views are incredibly rewarding. The hike is a fantastic way to experience the island’s natural beauty and take in the serene atmosphere of Assos.

Mount Ainos: For those looking to conquer heights, Mount Ainos is the highest peak on the island. The national park offers various trails with different difficulty levels, each leading you through a unique landscape of Kefalonian fir trees and offering stunning views of the Ionian Sea. It's a must for anyone wanting to experience Kefalonia's diverse flora and fauna.

Fiskardo to Dafnoudi Beach: This trail is perfect for a leisurely hike. Starting from the charming harbor of Fiskardo, the path takes you through ancient cypress and olive groves until you reach the secluded beach of Dafnoudi. Here, you can relax in the crystal-clear waters before heading back.

The Italian War Memorial: Located near Argostoli, this trail is not only a nature walk but also a historical journey. The path leads you to a memorial dedicated to the Italian Acqui Division, offering insights into the island’s past and breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.

Ainos to Lourdas Beach: Starting from the slopes of Mount Ainos, this trail will take you through some of the most scenic routes on the island, ending at the beautiful Lourdas Beach. It’s a diverse hike, showcasing all the natural beauty Kefalonia has to offer.

I'm looking to explore more trails in Kefalonia and would love to hear your experiences or any hidden gems you've discovered on the island. Share your stories, tips, and any must-see spots for fellow hikers planning their next adventure in Kefalonia.

Top Attractions in Kefalonia

Planning a trip to kefalonia next year. I want to see the turtles - I was thinking of going at the end of June. Does this make sense to see the turtles?

In addition I want to see the following - did I miss anything?

- Melissani Cave
- Skala Beach (and other beaches)
- Castle of Agios Georgios

Anything else I should prioritize?

Good Kefalonia Beaches for Late Summer?

I am headed to Kefalonia in late summer - August/September. I am wondering which beaches are best this time of year? I heard that these beaches were good - Myrtos Beach, Antisamos Beach, and Skala Beach. Are any of these good at that time of year?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back