1 - 7 of 7 Posts

acamp7

I was browsing for flights to Greece, as I always do, and they're super cheap right before Christmas! I'm thinking of traveling Dec 6-20 because everyone at my company takes their vacation from Dec 23-Jan 2 so there's basically no work to do anyways!! Is anyone thinking of hopping on these deals?

Reactions: mj_toronto8

mj_toronto8

Th
I was browsing for flights to Greece, as I always do, and they're super cheap right before Christmas! I'm thinking of traveling Dec 6-20 because everyone at my company takes their vacation from Dec 23-Jan 2 so there's basically no work to do anyways!! Is anyone thinking of hopping on these deals?
Thanks for posting! I was thinking of staying local because of the new covid variant. I'm scared they're changing the rules

k_tsoukalas

This is a good find - if we wait too long we might be stuck with expensive fares after the sales are over!

epicrae

Where do you guys usually look for tickets online? I use websites of low-cost airlines most of the time, but I noticed that some of them may change the price of the ticket if you look at it several times in your browser.
I need a website to help me get a broader picture of everything and help me find the cheapest business class flights 40 %. I know it’s much easier to find economy class tickets, but I want to try a business class flight at least once. But I don’t have much money for that and was looking for a discounted round-trip ticket.

Last edited:
Reactions: d_kakavouli

d_kakavouli

Where do you guys usually look for tickets online? I use websites of low-cost airlines most of the time, but I noticed that some of them may change the price of the ticket if you look at it several times in your browser.
I find the tickets through google flights, sky scanner or kayak but these days I always book directly through the airline so that I can change the flight free of charge (airlines have started doing this since covid).

It's so hard to plan ahead but to save money this is what needs to be done haha. Thanks for sharing this tip!

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

It's so hard to plan ahead but to save money this is what needs to be done haha. Thanks for sharing this tip!
Exactly, if you don't plan, you plant to fail!

Milos island is becoming more popular than ever!

I'm not even surprised that Milos is one of the most up and coming Greek islands this summer. So many of my friends are planning on visiting, and I have some cousins who went last year and have nothing but rave reviews. The island is pretty small, and known for its amazing beaches. As you can see in this video, it almost looks like you're on mars. The crowd is a little bit older, and the island is more slow paced and quiet. So I wouldn't recommend it fora younger group looking to go out a lot. Personally, it sounds like a great time to me!

Check out my recommended travel itinerary for 2 weeks in Greece!

I have decided to share an itinerary that I send to all of my friends who want to go to Greece. I have travelled to quite a few places around the country, and feel like I have a good idea of where everyone should visit on their first trip. Of course, I always recommend a two week minimum one visiting Greece. There's just so many things to do, especially if you like the beaches and sightseeing. Let me know what you think!

1. Land in Athens and stay for 4 days (Acropolis, Monastiraki, Thisseio, Glyfada, Kolonaki, and Lykabitos are a must)
2. Spend 3 days in Paros enjoying the beaches and nightlife (Paros has the best of Santorini and Mykonos without being crowded or expensive)
3. Spend 2 days in another island of your choice that is not in the Cyclades (honorable mentions include Corfu, Lefkada, Skiathos)
4. Spend the remaining 5 days driving through Crete and visiting Chania and Rethymno (Elafonisi Beach is a must)

What are some Greek work from home tips?

I’ve been considering being a traveling nomad ever since my company switched to being fully remote. I would love to do this in Greece, but I am a bit skeptical since I have never visited for more than two weeks. Has anyone from abroad started living in Greece during the pandemic? Or do any Greeks have advice on what transitioning my life and work would be like? I live in Australia at the moment but have little to tie me down here. Thank you everyone

New Tourism campaign!

Similar to my story from the early 90s..... Greece gave me my life back, healed me,rejuvenated me, made me worthy of carrying on and rebuilding my future and the rest is a very long love story♥️♥️.....I think the readers here feel what I contribute and share here!❤️❤️

Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is one of the best beaches!

Porto Katsiki is definitely one of the best beaches in Lefkada and probably the west coast of Greece. I suggest that you go to the beach pretty early, as the parking gets filled up and it will be difficult to find free parking. I personally like to go to organize beaches, which there are plenty of. You can also find a secluded area of the beach that is open to the public, and you’re able to bring your own towels, umbrellas, and food. Enjoy!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter