1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Tpebop

Just spent 6 hours on the beach today.George who took over following the death of his father has done a great job & built a new cantina.Lounger & umbrella is 5 euros.It is a sandy beach & shallow .Over 30 couples on the beach by 10 AM plus one family with 2 boys who were building sandcastles.It is quiet being well away from other tavernas that are pumping out loud music.There are 2 buses that leave rhodes town @ 9AM & 9.30 AM. Only one leaves the beach 16.30 PM

Just spent 6 hours on the beach today.George who took over following the death of his father has done a great job & built a new cantina.Lounger & umbrella is 5 euros.It is a sandy beach & shallow .Over 30 couples on the beach by 10 AM plus one family with 2 boys who were building sandcastles.It is quiet being well away from other tavernas that are pumping out loud music.There are 2 buses that leave rhodes town @ 9AM & 9.30 AM. Only one leaves the beach 16.30 PM
Thanks for posting! Any pictures of the beach/cantina?

sorry no photos. I follow beach etiquette & leave my camera @ home when going to any beach. My phone does not have a camera.

sorry no photos. I follow beach etiquette & leave my camera @ home when going to any beach. My phone does not have a camera.
Quite right too!🤗⛱️!....I like that..."My phone does not have a camera!"😀........ Kalley Mera from Thailand.

Reactions: redsoxdw_
Glad to hear George took it over. We will be there in September Covid permitting

Reactions: redsoxdw_ and Hash
Glad to hear George took it over. We will be there in September Covid permitting
I would love to hear how Rhodes is during September! I've always wanted to travel off peak times but I've never gotten the chance since my kids had summer vacation and that's really the only time we can travel

Reactions: Hash
September is not off peak. Its usually a busy month & still hot.Off Peak on Rhodes is from mid October until the 2nd week of November..The last weeks of july have been unusually hot. Temperatures nearing 40 C

Especially this summer. It is EXTREMELY HOT in Greece right now
September is not off peak. Its usually a busy month & still hot.Off Peak on Rhodes is from mid October until the 2nd week of November..The last weeks of july have been unusually hot. Temperatures nearing 40 C

Spent a few days recently on the nude beach. Thanks George for taking good care of the best place on Rhodes

Reactions: Hash and nadellii
Spent a few days recently on the nude beach. Thanks George for taking good care of the best place on Rhodes
Was it very busy during this time?

Reactions: redsoxdw_

Euronet are continuing to install their ATMs

This American company have installed thousands of ATMs in Greece.I saw a new one today 22 February has been installed @ Afandou opposite a taverna & near a bus stop.
Their rate of exchange is pits & their withdrawl fee is high.So best avoided.

Which area to stay on Rhodes?

I am trying to plan my next trip to Greece and I think I will go to Rhodes this time. I went once, and it was only for a few days. Stayed near Lindos. I want to stay longer, and there are different areas - I can't figure out where to stay this time!

Should I stay near Lindos again? Are there other areas worth seeing? It was over ten years ago that I went.

Large Venomous Jellyfish Spotted off Greece's Rhodes -

Holiday season coming to a close in Greece & the islands

Soon tavernas/bars & shops will be closing until 2024.By mid november it will be very quiet.

Valley of Butterflies in Rhodes?

I learned about this cool place on Rhdoes I want to see.

Valley of Butterflies is a sanctuary on Rhodes for severe; species of butterflies and is worth a visit. This natural haven is nestled in the middle of a winding stream and surrounded by rocky hills, flowers, and trees. The valley is home to abundant flora and fauna, including 150 different types of butterflies and moths such as the Jersey Tiger Moth, the Spotted Fritillary Butterfly, and the Painted Lady Butterfly.

The best time to visit this natural paradise is from late June to early September. During this period, the butterflies start their 5-day mating cycle, creating beautiful yellow-colored walls along the Rhodos stream. Visiting this place during this period gives you the chance to revel in the delightful colors and aroma of butterflies fluttering around your head.

I found this great video about it:

I don't know I fi will have a chance to go next year, but it really does look neat!
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back