1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I would love to spend my time in Kefalonia hopping from bakery to bakery! What desserts do you recommend for someone who has a sweet tooth? Thanks :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure which desserts might be good in Kefalonia, but here is a good list of Greek desserts to try when you visit Greece :)

k_tsoukalas

There are great desserts everywhere and most Greek bakeries have a combination of the tried and true favorites like baklava, and some more innovative offerings. While in Kefalonia consider trying desserts like baklava, kouloura (traditional cookies), and whatever else you see in the bakeries that capture your attention. You really can't go wrong!

kef_john68

So, my mother would make this cookie called the Mandola (almost cookie). It is from her side I think I might have Kefalonian roots. Anyway, when I was in Kefalonia a long time ago, I seem to recall the cookie was all over the island. I didn't make the connection at the time that this could be some evidence for my family being from Kefalonia. I have since been to other parts of Greece and I don't see this cookie as much. While on the island, consider eating this cookie, it's delicious! Of course, I like my mom's better (haha, isn't that always the way?!)

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

So, my mother would make this cookie called the Mandola (almost cookie). It is from her side I think I might have Kefalonian roots. Anyway, when I was in Kefalonia a long time ago, I seem to recall the cookie was all over the island. I didn't make the connection at the time that this could be some evidence for my family being from Kefalonia. I have since been to other parts of Greece and I don't see this cookie as much. While on the island, consider eating this cookie, it's delicious! Of course, I like my mom's better (haha, isn't that always the way?!)
I love Mandolas!! These are so great, especially when they're made with real almonds and not the fake tasting almond extract

How can I avoid the crowds in Kefalonia?

I don't really want to get caught up in the touristy areas...where should I avoid in Kefalonia?

Are there many earthquakes in Kefalonia?

Does anyone know if there are more earthquakes on certain islands than others? I would love to visit Kefalonia but I have a huge fear of earthquakes!! Which places should I avoid?

Here is a COVID update for visitors traveling to Kefalonia

Here is an update if anyone is interested :)

Is Kefalonia expensive in comparison to other Greek islands?

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?

Which port is best to rent a boat: Sami or Poros?

I'm thinking of renting a boat to travel around the island and the nearby waters. Which port is it best to leave from? Does it make a difference?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter