1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This square was originally named after the Christian Brotherhood of the Youth of Thessaloniki, also known as XAN for short. You can visit the State Museum of Contemporary Art, the Tower of OTE and International Trade Fair!! I highly suggest you check it out

k_tsoukalas

This square was originally named after the Christian Brotherhood of the Youth of Thessaloniki, also known as XAN for short. You can visit the State Museum of Contemporary Art, the Tower of OTE and International Trade Fair!! I highly suggest you check it out
I have heard great things about this square! Thank you for sharing the information.

ladytina

Xan Square is a place that I try to visit every time I am in Thessaloniki. I don't always visit all those places, but I do like to be at the square quite a bit. It's a great place!

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Xan Square is a place that I try to visit every time I am in Thessaloniki. I don't always visit all those places, but I do like to be at the square quite a bit. It's a great place!
Agreed! Just being in the area is really nice to walk around and visit shops, there's always something to stumble upon even if you don't have your whole day planned out with sightseeing

ladytina

Agreed! Just being in the area is really nice to walk around and visit shops, there's always something to stumble upon even if you don't have your whole day planned out with sightseeing
Exactly, to take in the energy. It's a great place, one of my favorites in the city.

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

Exactly, to take in the energy. It's a great place, one of my favorites in the city.
Where else do you recommend in Thessaloniki?? :)

Have you heard about the Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art in Thessaloniki?

This museum is lesser known but I've heard amazing things from friends who have visited! There is a very interesting exhibit that is currently being put on titled "Visualizing humanity." It is the first project by the Network of Contemporary Culture Museums of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports. I really would love to visit this exhibit since it showcases the phases of life and culture, mainly inspired by important moments in Greek history. There are four "chapters" in the exhibition, my favorite concept (whiteout seeing it of course) is Feels Like Home. :)

Olympos Naoussa, historic Thessaloniki restaurant returns

Olympos Naoussa is a historic Thessaloniki restaurant that used to be very popular among the cities elite and cosmopolitan society that was unfortunately shut down. It was extremely popular for fancy dinners and getting drinks, and was frequented by tourists. As of recently, plans have been announced that the restaurant will be revived and open for the public once again. I am so excited to visit and go for a fancy occasion. Does anyone remember this restaurant?

Calling all artists! Submit your documentaries to the Thessaloniki documentary film festival

The Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival is an annual international competition that showcases artists from around the world that create some of the best documentaries. The submission ends pretty soon on January 12! Your documentary must be over 70 minutes long to be eligible for entry into the film festival. I am excited too see all of the submissions and see who ends up winning the award! Best of luck to all of the filmmakers. Here is the link for more information https://www.athina984.gr/en/2022/01...st-apo-to-festival-ntokimanter-thessalonikis/

Visit Thessalonikis Christmas market!

What's better than a Greek Christmas market in Thessaloniki offering the best of the best from all around the city??! Christmas markets are a great place to walk around and enjoy the festivities and lights, and get some last-minute local gifts. I stumbled upon this link while researching some activities to do in the city for a friend of mine who has never been to Greece. If anyone else has some recommendations for Christmas time activities in Thessaloniki I would really appreciate it.

Thessaloniki Still Struggling to Increase Hotel Stays .

The reduction in Domestic travelers is a sign of economical situation where people cannot afford to go for holidays.This season has been very tough,an old colleague from Mykonos now living in New York was there for a month in summer just gone and she said she was so sad to see many businesses closed and the difficult times were obviously felt all around. https://news.gtp.gr/2021/09/28/thessaloniki-still-struggling-to-increase-hotel-stays/
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter