1 - 7 of 7 Posts

ssherie_

My friend is visiting Rhodes at the moment and I told him that this forum is a great place to ask niche questions! He's looking for a sports bar to watch the FIFA World Cup qualifiers next week, are there any good spots with big tvs that would most likely be showing the games?

Most bars will have football on their TVs

My friend is visiting Rhodes at the moment and I told him that this forum is a great place to ask niche questions! He's looking for a sports bar to watch the FIFA World Cup qualifiers next week, are there any good spots with big tvs that would most likely be showing the games?
Here are a few sports bars to consider in the Rhodes Greece area:

Reactions: paharo45
From the little research I just did, it seems that some of these bars are not "Greek." My suggestion is walking around town and bit and seeing what's around ahead of time. There are usually very many cafes all over Greece that show soccer games

From the little research I just did, it seems that some of these bars are not "Greek." My suggestion is walking around town and bit and seeing what's around ahead of time. There are usually very many cafes all over Greece that show soccer games

I would also ask around - locals know where to go for this kind of thing!

There are many sports bars in Rhodes, especially, they have a huge arrangement of football, some of the national players play at their famous stadium, I know all of these things because I serve many players as a waterboy, so that's why, I know very well, if you want to know about anything about NFL, just drop your comment and tag me, I will help you.

Reactions: cf_fraiser
There are many sports bars in Rhodes, especially, they have a huge arrangement of football, some of the national players play at their famous stadium, I know all of these things because I serve many players as a waterboy, so that's why, I know very well, if you want to know about anything about NFL, just drop your comment and tag me, I will help you.
Do they get very full during popular games?

Taking a boat trip around Rhodes?

Has anyone ever taken a boat trip around the island of Rhodes?

From what I've researched, there are a plethora of options, from luxurious yachts to quaint sailing boats, each promising an unforgettable journey across the Aegean Sea. 🌊

What I'm Looking For:

• Recommendations for boat tour companies you trust.
  • Tips on hidden gems and must-see spots along the coastline or nearby islets.
  • Any advice on the best time of day or year for smooth sailing.
  • Insights on what to bring apart from the obvious (sunscreen, hat, camera—you get the drift).
Anything you can help me with is very much appreciated!

Traveling to Rhodes this Year?

I have a friend who was supposed to go to Rhodes this year as part of a cruise. This isn't until September. She saw about the fires and is freaking out a little bit. The cruise company hasn't been in touch yet.

Do you guys have any advice on what she should do, so I can pass it along to her? She's not online much so I thought I'd post this for her.

Recommend a good beach near Rhodes Town?

I am trying to plan my latest trip to Greece. To be honest, I don't like to plan too heavily, but I do like to know where I am staying and have a general idea of things to do. Whether or not I do them once I arrive is another story, but at least I have options.

There are a lot of beaches near Rhodes Town. Do you guys have a favorite? Some options I found:

• Elli Beach
  • Kato Petres Beach
  • Sachtouri Beach
I am just basing this list on what I found on the Internet. I have no attachment. I love beaches that have services close or as part of the beach. Like a toilet, maybe a restaurant or cafe.

Religious sites to visit on Rhodes

Today, I’m excited to share four religious sites that you might want to visit as you journey along a certain road. Each of these destinations offers a unique insight into the spiritual legacy and historical context of the regions you'll find yourself immersed in. However, remember I haven't visited this myself. I am thinking of visiting them. So I will make updates as I find more information. For example, I just added more information about the names of the places so they're easier to find.

1. The Temple at the Crossroads

This serene temple, ancient as the surrounding groves, is named for the cross-section of paths where legend says the gods intersect. The atmosphere is calm, and it's said that prayers offered here meet deities from all four cardinal directions. Locals believe that if you meditate within the temple's main hall, you can sense the divine converging around you.

I think this place is also called Temple of Apollo Pythias but I could be wrong.

2. The Monastery Through the Mist

Nestled high in the mountains, this monastery is famous for the shroud of mist that enwraps it, making it feel like an ethereal resting place. History marks it as the site where the first saint of the region achieved enlightenment. Pilgrims hike hours up treacherous paths to be blessed where the clouds meet the heavens.

I think this place is also called Filerimos Monastery - should be easier to find under this name.

3. The Shrine within a Cave

A cave lodges in a cliffside on the third leg of our journey, housing a shrine illuminated only by the gentle glow of candles. An annual festival invites thousands, as they carry torches along narrow ledges to pay homage to the hermit who first discovered this sanctuary. The echo of religious chants is said to make the rocks themselves vibrate.

I think this is also called Cave of Archangel Michael.

4. The Ancient Blessing Well

A clearing in the dense woods reveals a well, adorned with flowers, that many claim has healing properties. Here, people of all faiths come to draw water and leave tokens of gratitude for the water spirit. This practice was believed to have been started by a traveling monk hundreds of years ago, imparting legends of miraculous recoveries to those who drank from it.

Is this place in the Fortification of Rhodes?

Note: I edited this to fix the error about the amount. I had 5 but decided I didn't want to talk about the fifth. I also put some more information about locations.

Large Venomous Jellyfish Spotted off Greece's Rhodes -

Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back