1 - 6 of 6 Posts

xmelissaa

Hey hey everyone! I’m trying to find some insta-worthy blue waters in Corfu. What are some of the top beaches you’ve been to in Corfu and where would you go again? This is the type of beach i’m looking for

Corfu-720x389.jpg

The Canal beach in Corfu is one I can think of:

Canal-DAmour-Beach-Corfu-720x480.jpg

Reactions: cubrinj
Palaiokastritsa! Wow I hope I spelled that right LOL. This beach has some of the bluest water’s i’ve ever seen!

Reactions: lisaV and nadellii
For sure Palaiokastritsa is one of your best options. I went a few years ago and took such beautiful pictures, they're framed in my living room and everyone thinks they were taken by a for professional photographer ahaha.

Barbati, Dassia are 2 beautiful bluest water totally Amazing. You will Love it there.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1559488480985.jpg
    FB_IMG_1559488480985.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: mastichas09
Barbati, Dassia are 2 beautiful bluest water totally Amazing. You will Love it there.
Yesss! I love dassia, it has some of the best water sports at dassia ski club

Reactions: lisaV

Religious Sites to See on Corfu

There are a lot of churches and monasteries in Corfu and when I visit, I won't have a lot of time. What should be my priorities?

I am intrigued by the relics of Saint Spyridon but am having trouble finding where they are on the island. Is it simply called, the Shrine of Saint Spyridon?

I would love to visit some other churches and monasteries if possible. Any information you have will be good!

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!

Three Days or So in Corfu?

I was thinking of visiting Corfu over summer of 2024 and I am not sure how many days to stay. I was thinking that three days is a good amount, and that will enable me to visit other places in Greece (and other people - I have friends and family to visit).

Anyway 3 or 4 days really is ideal. But now, what to do? I have been watching a lot of content - there is some great travel content on YouTube and people love to visit Greece. Anyway, here is a great video:

Spend the day at Corfu Old Town?

Can you spend an entire day just exploring Corfu Old Town? I'm planning my itinerary for a trip to the gorgeous island of Corfu, and from what I've seen, the Old Town looks like a mosaic of historical and cultural influences with Venetian, French, and British vibes.

Has anyone here spent a day (or more) solely in the old part of the city? How was your experience? Are there enough sights, cafes, shops, and hidden gems to keep one entertained for the full day? I'm looking to soak up as much of the local atmosphere as possible without rushing through.

I am curious what you guys think and any advice you may have. Thanks!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back