1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I've recently developed a gluten intolerance :( and it's so hard to travel because gluten free food is hard to find. Does anyone with a gluten allergy/intolerance have experience with this? Thanks :)

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Great question!

My son has food allergies including gluten. When we go to Greece we buy many basics from local supermarkets and that helps, it is amazing how many options they have.

30082364-BA34-49A3-80AF-57D6D26C2992.jpeg

Reactions: greggd12

HippieFish

I've recently developed a gluten intolerance :( and it's so hard to travel because gluten free food is hard to find. Does anyone with a gluten allergy/intolerance have experience with this? Thanks :)
I live in Athens. Vegan, gluten free and healthy options are in the supermarkets now along with bio products. Health food shops and plant kingdom food delivery services. So you will be fine. Kampos is a health food shop and Plant Kingdom makes food you can collect or have delivered. There are also vegan restaurants in Athens. I would say take your own gluten free to the islands though. You may find a few things but not as much.

greggd12

I live in Athens. Vegan, gluten free and healthy options are in the supermarkets now along with bio products. Health food shops and plant kingdom food delivery services. So you will be fine. Kampos is a health food shop and Plant Kingdom makes food you can collect or have delivered. There are also vegan restaurants in Athens. I would say take your own gluten free to the islands though. You may find a few things but not as much.
That's such good advice. My Greek friend is gluten intolerant and she always struggles when she's in Greece. I will totally tell her about these options! Thanks!

Where is the safest place to travel in Greece?

I've been wanting to visit Greece for so long, but I'm a bit paranoid of traveling since I don't go very often. What's the safest place to visit in Greece? I'm scared of being robbed and stolen from in very touristy areas.

Celestyal Cruises

Has anyone out there ever taken a Celestyal Cruise to the Greek Islands? I'm really intrigued by the concept of taking one when I feel safe to travel. They sound like they provide more of a "Greek" flare to onboard activities than the likes of Princess or Viking cruises. They are actually booking now for May, 2021, for anyone who is interested in traveling to Greece.

Do many Greeks know how to speak English? My Greek is not too good lol

Hey everyone, I’ve done quite a bit of traveling in my day and I usually like to learn a few phrases in the language so that I can communicate with the locals. Do many Greeks know how to speak English? How much Greek should I learn before my trip?

Do you have any car rental tips for Greece?

Hi guys! I'll be renting a car to travel around Greece and take road trips with the fam. Is there anything specific about renting cars in Greece that I should know about? Thanks :)

Peloponnese vacation pictures!

I would love to see all of your vacation pics from Peloponnese or the mainland! So many people forget that it's just as nice as the islands. This is a beautiful hotel I stayed at in Peloponisos that used to be a monastery

peloponesse.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter