1 - 8 of 8 Posts

mastichas09

Its always such a struggle because my family wants to see me and talk to me when I land and I just don't have the energy....I just want to nap! What are your tips for getting rid of the jet lag?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
So true!! The first 48 hours of jet lag are the worst part of arriving in Greece, here are my tips :)

- Drink many Greek coffees and/or Frappes as possible.
- Stay awake and try to sleep as close to normal night sleep time.
- Hydrate and drink as much water as possible.

Those of a few things that come to mind that help me get used to the time change. Hope this helps!! 🇬🇷

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Jerry s

Its always such a struggle because my family wants to see me and talk to me when I land and I just don't have the energy....I just want to nap! What are your tips for getting rid of the jet lag?
You have to be in USA, that's what happens when you are 7-8 hours behind. I'm the opposite to you 7-8 hours ahead so I don't get jetlag going there, I get it when I come back home.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I just force myself to stay awake with frappe :)

Eat 6 souvlakia 1 yiros and 1kg of ouzo and dance all night.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Yayapap

We take a nap as soon as we get to the hotel. When we wake up, we go out to eat. Come back and sleep again. Doesn't take too long to get into the swing of things.

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

We take a nap as soon as we get to the hotel. When we wake up, we go out to eat. Come back and sleep again. Doesn't take too long to get into the swing of things.
Naps are key to surviving partying and jet lag in Greece

Three Greek Municipalities Nominated for UNWTO ‘Best Tourism Villages’ Award

PM to Bloomberg: Greece had a very good tourist season in 2021.

These islands in Greece have the best beaches!

Lets be honest, good beaches are the most important thing for a good vacation :) These are some of the best in my opinion after doing some research and looking at a bunch of pictures: Crete, Santorini, Mykonos Zakynthos. Because Crete is such a big island, they have the most options and the most variety in the types of beaches
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter